AMC: The View Hour Long Special

• Members

The special made me really feel bad for those behind the scenes and I never really thought about them before. The cast seemed sad for them as they kept mentioning how the crew wasnt moving. For all of them to lose their jobs before the holidays and during this recession is such a horrible thing. I bet it even feels worse since this move is highly publiscized by the network and they have have to continue working as usual knowing they wont be moving with them

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I agree, but I meant more in line with Whoopi getting AMC's old timeslot wrong, or Sherri thinking RH and AMC came on at the same time. Now, knowing it was the 40th, not the 30th, well yes, absolutely! And seeing as how this show was pre-taped after they'd already taped a show, they were most likely poorly prepped and lacking in energy. I will say though, in a weird way I'd almost prefer their cluelessness over watching them go down the same old tired list of Erica Kane trivia (marriages, helicopter rescue, grizzly bear) typed out on a little blue card. In danger of getting WAYYY off topic, this is where a Rosie O'Donnell as host is a *good* thing. Even if they had special guest host Chandra Wilson or something. Just someone who has a history as a true fan, a host who asks all the questions we would want to ask.

• Members

The crew is so so so important to any show. You have a sh itt y crew, you have a sh itt y show. That crew knows the ins and outs of that show and most of them have been there longer than any recent EP. There's going to be a learning curve in LA, but I'm optimistic.

• Members

If Jesse and Randi had resulted in Frankie and Madison quickly, I would have approved.

I always feel for the crew. They are faceless to the audience, but they work very hard for far less money than the actors. This move to LA is putting a lot of people out of work and that is sad.

• Members

Anyway, it was a nice way to spend the hour. Was it perfect? No. Does it really matter? No. The genre's fate hardly depends on Whoopi remembering the correct time slot of a soap opera that's been off the air for over three decades. Sherri thinks the world is flat. It's no stretch she thinks she can watch two different shows on the same network at the same time. Barbara's old.

For me, it was cool seeing that rare photograph of the long gone TV18 studio on Columbus Ave. Cady McClain said that MEK gave her a brick from that building when they tore it down.

I gag whenever I see Rebecca Budig these days. MCE deserved to be out there with Susan and Debbi just as much. Lord knows the woman's been doing the work of a Clydesdale pulling this show along the past year.

And did they really -- I mean, did they really have a clip of Eunice Brittany Allen talking about the move to LA when she hasn't even been on a year? The way she was going on and on you would've thought she was there for years!

• Members

I really enjoyed the special, but I agree, the View ladies don't know anything. I also would've liked more time for interviews instead of re-showing the clips that they've been doing behind the scenes.

That said, it was a great show and I'm glad I taped it. The ladies looked beautiful and the guys were too funny. When Michael said, "I'll take anything" and Cameron backed away. :lol: I'm glad Michael is behind Tad and Liza, he and Jamie have OODLES of chemistry.

On a side note, I don't like Rebecca's hair very much, but she sure is gorgeous no matter what. If they give Rebecca a new opening headshot for her new hair but leave MCE's as is, I'll shoot someone.

And how weird was it to see Chrishell interviewed and with the group like she was staying? The best we're getting from her is recurring. Just strange.

• Members

Don't Julia and Noah count as interracial too? They were quite popular for awhile.

It's too bad Debbi Morgan wasn't still onstage at that point or she could have brought up the backlash over Cliff & Angie 20 years ago.

Overall, I thought it was good. It wasn't anywhere near as great as the 35th anniversary special on SoapNet 5 years ago, but it was fun and I'm glad they devoted the whole hour to AMC. Now if only ABC/SoapNet would do something else for the show's 40th next month!

• Members

It's worth watching. I thought it was good. It got cheesy at the end with the "special guest" but I thought it was good. Whoopi was not as lackadaisical as some made her out to be. She was just being Whoopi. Though I don't understand why she had to bring up her boy Thorsten. It was out of place.

Archived