AMC: The View Hour Long Special

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didnt mind her mentioning TK but the way she said it seemed misplaced and irrelevant as it had little to do with the current discussion. Sherri was about to ask the guys a question and Whoopi cuts her off and basically goes, "I just wanna give a shout out to my friend, TK, bc he's not going to LA. He's great, I love him he's my friend." Whoopi obviously never watched AMC and had little interest in this special. Her blurting out about her friend TK, seemed more like she was trying to add something bc he was about as much as she knew about AMC. It just seemed to come out of nowhere and went nowhere

• Members

Exactly. She can mention him, but at least tie it back into the conversation.

"A lot of people have been torn over this move, like my friend Thorsten Kaye, who isn't going. How do you feel about those choosing not to go to LA?"

rather than

"Hey my boy isn't going to LA, oops sorry, you were saying?"

• Members

Who's acting like the worlds gonna end? I just thought it was weird and kind of rude to mention Thorsten when a. he wasn't there and b. isn't even going with the show to LA. I'm sure if they were interviewing Minshew instead, and Whoopi acted as uninterested and rude as she did during the MEK/CM/VI interview, then out of nowhere mentioned Eden Riegal, Rebecca Budig, or Tamara Braun you'd be rolling your eyes and complaining.

• Members

Wow I totally agree with R, to my surprise. It seems pointless to complain about what we got--was this as good as the Oprah 20th special and the primetime Burnett 25th? No--but was it better than what we got the 30th (did we get anything besides the episodes?) or the lame SoapChat or whatever SoapNet show special for the 35? Umm yeah. I was pleasantly surprised--I didn't thuink they'd even get the intro to the hour about the show--yeah they cut my beloved Agnes off (she is looking frailer than ever, and I know it's dangerous to want to make a soap author a saint especially when she seems to approve of some awful stories, but MAN she looks divinely lovely), yeah they got some facts wrong, yeah Whoopi shoulda known they have had at least SOME interacial relationships (even that awful Eria attempt). But honestly--without reading much of what others have written yet--I was really pleasantly surprised at what we did get. So thanks, Frons or whoever set this up--it really was probably more than any AMC fan in this day and age should expect or want.

• Members

I agree--I think Agnes who has always been SOO savvy about this stuff, realizes that without this move AMC would have less than 12 months to go--yeah she's sad but I think she genuinely is cool with it. She's turned a blind eye, afterall at some awful show decisions for the "sake of the show" (maybe wrongly but I can't fault her for it)--this ain't the worse.

I still think the show was good for what it was. I have a LOT of friends who watch the view her eon their way to work (we get it 9am PST) and a number texted me knowing I watched AMC (the two guys who did have never even seen a minute of AMC) to be honest, the show didn't come off as bad as it could, and in its current state some might say it should. It was fine for what it was and I reiterate better than I think any of us could expect.

• Members

Ladies, ladies! These women don't get the facts right when it comes to politics, as Carl said if the world is round, all things considering they seemed to understand the true appeal or at least ubiquitous nature soaps once had. So stupid Sherri said "She had two tvs on, one was to AMC and one was to, I think Ryan's Hope or something"--she wasn't quoting facts. This is how most people talk abotu soaps--if even as well and I think in this light it was a good thing...

Wow. over analyzing much>? Do you guys REMEMBER the SoapTalk whatever special about AMC five years ago (which was even more based on screaming women for aged looking male stars?)

Archived