AMC: The View Hour Long Special

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I was half expecting *Mike* Bloomberg to declare the day AMC day in NYC, or give Agnes keys to the city or something, then I realized that would be a little odd seeing as how the show was pretaped. It really is nice that he stopped by though, that was classy and kind of him. Too bad America didn't get to see him repeat his speech in Spanish.

• Members

Undoubtedly. I did realize that her aside, with Ryan almost forty the stars they paraded out were all pretty old. Maybe they've given up on the youth obsession market a tiny bit? I woulda half expected them to cart Bailey out as the new star or something

I stand by my thoughts--it was way better than I expected from ABC and the View.

• Members

The thing is... What was the last decent anniversary episode for ANY soap? AMC used to IMHO nearly always have the best ones and obviously they haven't been as good as the 20th and amazing 25th anniversary week. But I mean--OLTL made some effort this past year but it didn't really show old characters or the past or clips and before then they've largely sucked. I know there have been a few other decent ones but if we compare this upcoming one to the last major anniversary eps of ANY soap currently on the age, I suspect it'll look better than it would otherwise.

• Members

I don't watch AMC much anymore (and when I do that hideous girl JR is married (?) to is on and I turn the channel) but I watched this just now. How gorgeous and amazing are Susan Lucci and Debbi Morgan? DM looks EXACTLY the same. That is crazy. And I love what she said about logging the most hours for an African-American woman on television. She's probably right. I am SO ready for Angie to have a real story. Honestly, all these lightweight empty-headed nothings like Eunice and Randi and Madison and Annie and Amanda running around with months of story while Angie walks around in her labcoat to yell at David/Jesse/Jake is bloody ridiculous.

Rebecca Budig looked amazing as well, I hate that Greenlee is coming back. Why does she insist on bringing her back when they refuse to give her what she and the audience want? Greenlee as an unapologetic bitch. Not a bitch who can go around ruining lives and people love her for it but one who is rude and selfish and pays for the [!@#$%^&*] she does.

Anyway, that was nice. It felt more like a final tribute (which is what it probably was, let's be honest).

Archived