AMC: The View Hour Long Special

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think she specified exactly that that was AMC. Maybe she was talking about AW?

Ooooh, an old OLTL and AMC cast pictures!

When exactly did that "Pine Valley - Est. 1683" thing originally air? I always see it, but I never know where it's from.

Agnes said "hood!" HAHAHA. Listening to her talk is so great. She's still pretty sharp at remembering dates and stuff.

• Members

And this, my friends, is just another illustration of why these shows are getting cancelled. No one cares, no one remembers when it was on, how long it's been there...

When all this comes from a show that's supposed to be a tribute... It's all the more flagrant.

• Members

Honestly, I don't see why it would break Agnes' heart that the show is moving to LA. If she loved OLTL as much as she loves AMC then I'd understand. By moving the show ABC will at least try and make a success so I'd say this buys the show another two or three years. OLTL, on the other hand, has had it's fate sealed. You also have to consider with the move to LA, HD and a new headwriter, the shows ratings could improve giving it a better chance at survival. Yes it's sad to lose crew members, but ABC could've canceled one of their soaps and instead they're trying to save one. I say bravo.

It'll really be amazing if they can pull this off. Taking your worst soap in every way (casting, lighting, sets, make up, hair, wardrobe, writing, etc.) and trying to do an Extreme Makeover is ballsy. They could've taken a relatively stable OLTL with little headaches, but instead they're taking AMC which has had so many problems. And for the record when I mention bad casting I'm speaking more of newbies. Thankfully we'll be sparred the awful acting of Alicia Minshew, Thorston Kaye and that awful Colby.

• Members

She won't be able to go to the set anymore, and I think she knows this is probably being done because the show is in such rough shape.

Yes, but they aren't the average person. They're basically rewarded for being morons. That's what The View is about.

Archived