AMC: The View Hour Long Special

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised no one mentioned how Agnes Nixon took credit for bringing Angie and Jessie back or how Whoopi just had to mention Thorsten Kaye :rolleyes:

The interviews sucked, but I did like the part at the beginning where Agnes talked about the history of the show and the whole who's stealing some of the actors stuff so they stay in NY mystery.

• Members

Anyway nothing. The View hosted the special and therefore is on topic to discussing this special. Just like when Soap Talk did their specials people discussed the two hosts. If you don't want to hear about the hosts then move onto the next post or you can add something to the discussion other than "move on, back to the special."

• Members

I just wish we knew whether Agnes had done something to stop the Jesse/Randi story Pratt supposedly wanted.

Overall it was better than I thought it would be. I was afraid we would get 30 minutes of Rylee clips. It was nice to see the respect they had for Susan and Debbi.

• Members

Honestly, in the hands of a good writer Jesse/Randi could work. I'd prefer it to Randi/Frankie/Madison or anything Jesse has been given since he's returned or Angie being the token minority doctor. Bill Bell got flack for keeping his black characters somewhat segregated, but he did that with all of his families. All the generations were always interacting and impacting each others lives. Nobody complained when John and his son Jack both shared Jill. In fact it was hugely popular. With a good writer that could be a GREAT frontburner story. I just want these black characters on AMC to have lives and be the focus instead of always supporting other peoples storylines.

• Members

I'm sure some people did complain about John and Jack sharing Jill, but I think there's a difference between that story and a story where a couple who had just gotten back together after Jesse pretended to be dead for 20 years end with him bedding his son's wife, the son he basically had to abandon. It didn't help that this was right on the heels of the completely unexplored story of Jesse's "other" wife showing up, and the very flat, chemistry-free Denise Vasi also doesn't help.

• Members

I can't see them giving Angie anything better. A black woman in a major story or love relationship on a soap? That doesn't happen anymore. At best she would probably end up becoming obsessed with David.

I think they had a perfectly decent, if not great, story idea with Rebecca/Jesse/Angie. It just got completely dropped, for whatever reason.

• Members

Awww, I love me some Agnes Nixon - Loved the beginning where she talked about the history! (Although she looked like she was about to pass out at any moment with those heavy eyelids :( )

Anyway --- I can't stand Barbara Walters - she is an uber-bitch and thinks she hides it by her fakeness....no sister, I got your number.

Can't wait to see the other interviews!

Archived