AMC: The View Hour Long Special

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, it could not.

Especially on the heels of a bigamy story with Jesse spending twenty years raising a kid with another woman - the beautiful Laura Bonarrigo, no less. That story alone crippled Jesse's character as a strong black lead on daytime. An affair with Randi would've destroyed him forever. They would've trafficked in not one but two sets of vile stereotypes that would've undone all the good Angie and Jesse once did for viewers of all ages.

• Members

Yeah, I just caught the beginning of it - and I'm already annoyed. It's like they all said "well, we have no idea WTF we're going to talk about... but we'll go out there and wing it, and it'll be convincing."

Also, they said "Susan Lucci" has been married 20 times.... and has done everything, including amnesia.

Maybe I'm forgetting something myself... and I don't know about Lucci's memory ... but has ERICA ever had amnesia? (Supressed memories of long-lost daughters don't count!)

• Members

I can NOT believe that Cameron Mathison is 40 years old. Just checked his online bio and yes, born 1969. 40. I can't BELIEVE it. He's aging well!

Whoopi -- it doesn't even matter if the men have been with black women!

But I am surprised MEK couldn't think of Livia/Tom. He should have known that.

• Members

Melissa Claire Egan was hilarious in her mug bit! She's a wonderful actress --- LOVE her. You could tell from audience reaction that she's getting pretty popular. I think when Zendall leaves - she'll gain even more popularity since she won't be put threw the Zen-ringer.

Also think MCE and Budig look so much alike now that Budig died her hair. They both look great. If they have to go with a Rylee thing --- then maybe she'll take his attention away from Annie. God, he's been annoying lately.

Loved how Cameron and MCE were holding each other --- along with Chrishell and RPG holding hands. You can tell they have strong friendships.

• Members

I also got tickled when Mrs. Nixon said Jesse was from "the hood." Susan's been saying this for years, but that Agnes can dress, she's still puttin' it on.

In Joy's defense (never thought I'd say that), she was making a general statement about soap loyalty/involvement re: Rachel. That character spoke to a certain generation, Joy reminds me so much of my old boss and the morning we read about AW being cancelled the first thing she said was, "I used to watch years ago, when Rachel was a BITCH. It was so good then." I can forgive all of the other goofs in terms of accuracy, not everybody is a SON member, I think it's wonderful that The View/ABC Daytime gave AMC that hour.

Can someone give me the Nick News W5 on Whoopi and Thorsten being bff? :huh:

Actually, when I tuned back in a couple of years ago, it was Sabine's Greenlee who I was always mistaking for Annie.

I'm glad they started the questioning with Michael and Vincent (even if he doesn't have Cameron's seniority on AMC, just for his years in the business), I thought that was proper and respectful. God knows there was still plenty of time to fawn over Cameron. I was feeling a little sad for Michael and his light denim actually, he seemed kind of quiet and sad.

I love Debbi and I hope and pray that her commute goes smoothly and that AMC makes it worth her while by stepping up her material. If not, I have no doubt in my mind that she will leave when her contract comes up, and that would be a terrible loss full of missed opportunity.

• Members

He did seem sad. I'm sure it's the memories, but he may also remember when he was the hot guy on the show, and when he had all the story potential in the world. He looks decent these days; I think it's the loss of charisma which has hurt MEK/Tad more than anything else. That's something I don't think Cameron has ever had. At his best Tad was charismatic and also played by a wonderful actor. Perhaps we can see that again someday.

• Members

^^But fortunately Rylee don't have the huge fanbase following like Zendall (those Zen fans have killed lots of characters' existence). Instead, we just have to worry about Frons/network's Rylee love...and hopefully that doesn't affect Annie/MCE. I think Cameron loves MCE so much, he'll protect her.

• Members

I really enjoyed it. It was better than I thought it was going to be. Even though it was promoted as being for the full hour I didn't actually expect the entire hour would be devoted to AMC. But it was.

ABC: Exciting new chapter blah blah blah Exciting new chapter blah blah blah Exciting new chapter.....

Agnes: It'll be the same. You won't even notice.

LOL

• Members

I haven't watched it entirely yet, but I agree that the nod to devote the hour to AMC is great.

However, I also think it's, at minimum, unprofessional that talk-show hosts / journalists would appear not to understand what they're talking about... and then attempt to talk about as if they do. Instead of taking the stance of "we're personally not soap fans, but let's brief ourselves on All My Children and then ask questions" - - in the intro segment, they sort of went with the vibe of "GAWD, I do NOT watch these shows, but my grandmother did; let me say some vague comments subtly illustrating how beneath me they are, while I pretend to be interested."

I mean, they thought they were celebrating 30 years - and the audience had to correct them. (Joy did give a nice save: "Well it LOOKS 30!"). In their roles, they should at least do their homework to the point of not failing right when you walk into class.

I don't mean to belabor the issue of the hosts. But I wanted to explain where I think the frustration comes from: When you celebrate a milestone, you definitely want to avoid even the appearance of it being disrespected.

• Members

I guess I'm being greedy, but having seen all of the stolen items clips this week, I kind of wished they'd done another segment instead of replaying them (in full) all over again. I know some folks needed the recap, but to play them ALL in their entirety, I would have preferred another actor or Agnes segment.

Archived