Y&R Discussion: Week of 11/30

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched today for the first time in a week and found it offensive. Why the hell is this whole Daniel under arrest for murder being played out again and again? Does anyone really care? God I hate both Michael and Heather, too bad because I liked Heather as the Jabot lawyer rather than the saintly ADA. And Tucker LAMO...I'm not even going to touch the nasty nasty nasty Adam and Sharon stuff with a 50 foot pole.

• Members

I couldn't believe it.

I'm surprised they don't have a storyline where some strange man comes into the house and has his way with her. Then she wakes up and can't remember if she bedded Nick, Jack, Billy, Adam, or a mysterious stranger.

(PS, the answer is...all of them)

They should do a takeoff of that lovely scene in Maurice where the lusty servant climbed up into Maurice's bedroom and ravished him.

• Administrator

I liked the scenes outside the courtoom - mainly because of the background music. Daniel, you idiot, you cracked under pressure! Nick finding out about Sharon/Adam already? It's been, what, one week? Slow the fuck down on this story! Geez. Really enjoying the business storyline - loved the scenes with Jack/Katherine.

• Members

Agreed, this was the big storyline he was bragging about why he signed on for a year?

Glad I'm not the only one who is finding this show this way.

It's like this incompetent writing team picks the same storylines or plot devices and repeats them over and over again. It didn't work the first time, what makes them think it will work now?

Heather was much more tolerable at Jabot, and you're right, Adam and Sharon is a poor storyline ruined by horrible execution and lack of chemistry between the actors.

• Members

I watched today and that's BIG for me that I can say, I watched! Usually (as per my most recent viewings) I get fed up and turn the channel or click the x on top of the webpage, but I watched fully. The most interesting things to me were ( coinciding with Toups own observation) the background music, and the directing. Both were Different and not bad. I havn't been impressed by many elements (especially the more contemporary touches) lately. Liked Jack and Kay also, I actually wasn't that annoyed by the Heather/ Daniel scene, I found watching both actors a bit more interesting in their respective roles and again I'm sure it much of it was the setting, the scores and I liked the bit of camera work and angles experimented with throughout. It was ok, stories still need much work though

Archived