Y&R Discussion: Week of 11/30

• Members

Prettyrushed? It's moved at break neck speed. One minute these two are barely friends. Then they are in each other's presence like 3 times and next we know Adam is declaring his love? What is wrong with this picture? It should have taken months for these two to get sexual involved. I even retract my comments about Sharon Case not selling it in this story. There is nothing she could do as an actress to make this believable.

I do think Adam will pay, but not that way some fans want him to.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The funny thing is, they wouldn't be trying to force Adam and Sharon if they didn't have yet another poorly planned and horrible executed story to sell - this horrendous baby switch crap. That's the only reason Sharon and Adam were rushed.

I'm not even sure there's actual stories on Y&R anymore. It all just seems like filler material until the next big stunt or "shocking" revelation. This show is the epitome of threading water and using shock and awe tactics as a tool to pimp and promote themselves. Meh, why has Y&R fallen so hard and so fast?

I just felt like vomiting after Muhney's "I love you" delivery today...

• Members

Of course, but if you are going to do something like a baby switch then at least milk it for all it's worth. Sharon and Adam getting close by February sweeps and the switch revealed next November sweeps. May at the absolute earliest. But instead we are getting this rushed bullshit that destroys any emotional resonance this story could have eeked out.

• Members

the Abbott's got together before going to the shelter and it was a major fail. Billy and Jack got into a fight, Abby left the table. Emily got called away, I can't remember why Ashley left, maybe chasing after Abby. Jack and Ashley ended up at the shelter because of memories of John. Ashley and John worked their together one holiday when the others were away and Jack remembered John telling Colleen that when you feel sorry for yourself, you should help others.

• Members

So I've stopped watching AGAIN (pretty much only watched a handful of epis this November)and I read the summarY for today online. Apparently I'm not really missing any good beats. So Sharon is characterized as the character who sleeps with any man who gives her time she's not even picky?I guess that's not that out of character, but she does grieve her children and her mistakes. Even if she is getting help it is kind of a missed opportunity to miss that character growth just to shine the spotlight on Sharon and Adam and Nick because it makes the viewer not vested in the storyline, clearly someone is rushing to some crazy climax but when they take away the character's souls , guess what I and many other viewers won't care. Anyway, I know she can be unpopular and she's not a perfect actress or anything but I love M.Stafford. As I read the summaries it dawned on me the only reason I still recognized Phyllis was through her acting when she's not being lazy. You know in a wierd, ironic way I could probably write my thoughts on why I think most or all of these characters have become or are becoming sociopathic

Archived