AMC: Pratt Is History...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I want to be thrilled but I dread to think who Frons will hire next.

ICAM. 'The writer' destroyed our show and Pratt somewhat brought it back to life. It scares me to think Frons might reemploy her.

ITA, any combination of Broderick, Walsh, Beldner and Johnson would be a huge improvement over the writers Frons has hired over the years, but I don't think he'd consider any of them because they would want to write for the real Pine Valley, not Frons' version of it.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I fear you're right!

• Members

As much as many people hated Pratt's writings I enjoyed it. I am not saying I enjoyed every storyline because I didn't but at least Pratt kept me watching everyday. Pratt gave us more Erica and Adam then B&E ever did.

I am shocked that he is gone because he is one of Fron's pets. Weird.

Hopefully we can get a better HW.

• Members

I liked the way Pratt wrote Erica and the somewhat resurgence of the Hubbards, but other than, he can pack his [!@#$%^&*] and get out my house yesterday. I'm wearing my bulletproof (I was just visiting Port Charles, dontchaknow) and I'm prepared to get mauled on every side, but I would take the first year and a half of MMT's stint over Pratt's stint any day of the week. At least the show didn't feel like a crippled grandma limping along on her last legs then. AMC's main focuses, family and young love, were still the main theme. Pratt's AMC basically threw a hand grenade into everything the show was built on and left it in a state that can best be described as hollow.

PS: I am in no way defending anything post-babyswitch.

• Members

^I can't imagine what he could have done that was worse then what happened this week...well, maybe it's more that I don't want to.

I still haven't decided if it's a good thing or a bad thing that someone fired Pratt. I can't imagine that it was Frons, since they're BFF's but if it was someone above Froms...then what the hell did he write that would make someone above Frons step in?

• Members

Joe is shot in the head for the 40th anniversary. A grief stricken Ruth garrotes Petey with Opal's beads. Amanda has sex with Ruth to try to diffuse the situation.

Ryan, meanwhile, tells everyone Annie is to blame.

He then fires at her, and shoots Tad in the head.

Tad, with head wound, breaks into an old Rip Taylor routine and throws confetti for the anniversary.

• Members

There are bullet-proof destruction kits.

I know that. But, if this info is true, he obviously didn't follow what he was told to do. The clashed and lost. Do you understand? He wasn't following the orders 100%. So they'll find someone who will.

As someone said, Pratt must be expensive. Writing contract, producing contract, god knows what else...

Archived