AMC: Pratt Is History...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH has been butchered to the point I don't even recognize it

its a cold dark shallow soap

that caters to their coveted demo group its so horrible that I just shake my head some times

(when I can watch it most times its unwatchable) I like the "acting" but Jr keeps getting Emmys so

it was my last ABC soap and I'm at the exit door.

But wasn't Pratt responsible for bring Angie / Jessie back I got all excited then oops the storyline sucked after their lavish wedding for the most part

but my initial response to this news is still of extreme caution...I left AMC I may peek back in to see what's up now but I'm pretty done with FronsTv its a common theme running through all three of his soaps IMO and no new headwriter will fix what ills his shows for me just one is more watchable than the other

dancing_bear_man1.gif

• Members

Does "foreseeable future" mean "interim"?

Surely she wouldn't return as a temp?

I had my issues with her run, certainly, but she is sure tons and tons and tons better than anything this show has seen since somewhere around 2002.

I just wonder what she will think of the orange Liza. That must be a big WTF for her.

• Members

Broderick's AMC was the last time AMC really had a consistent vision that at least partly resembled what Agnes originally envisioned. I thought it was the last time the show had a really strong community atmosphere where diverse characters could interact. Her writing sensibility was a lot more sophisticated than the pedestrian Megan McTavish for sure.

However, Broderick will now be working under Frons, and who knows how well she'll do with mandates from ABC Daytime. Should be interesting to see and I'll definitely be tuning into AMC more consistently when Broderick arrives.

• Members

I hope that too. I'm not familiar with Lorraine Broderick's work but everyone seems so excited about this. To bring on another Days analogy, I hope this isn't another case of the Hogan Sheffer to DAYS excitement that proved to be a letdown.

• Members

I thought Richard Culliton did all this too. But I guess his name wasn't in contention, he's at DAYS now anyway.

Sheffer has a very nasty, vile writing style.

Broderick's style depends on who is in charge. A lot of the stuff she wrote for AMC in 1996 and 1997 was unpleasant. It was a mixed bag.

I'm not sure of how much control she will even have, so I don't know if we should judge.

• Members

She did great work on ATWT and OLTL. On ATWT she also showed some diversity featuring the vets and minority characters in frontburner storylines that were important to the show. I think she could be great for this transition. I just find it funny that Pratt was meant to be this savior but he sucked so bad they won't even let him ride it out until the new HW gets there. :lol: Hiring one big name just so they can search for a permanent HW, lol. What a loser.

I wonder if Broderick is purely short term or if she'll be submitting a bible as well for consideration.

Archived