AMC: Pratt Is History...

• Members

I might be surprised, only in the sense that Pratt seemed to be more in the good graces of Frons than Carlivati has (at least via public perception). But I think Carlivati will be with OLTL til the end. In general, OLTL runs more smoothly than its sister shows... not to mention, it's fiscally sound. Replacing a major part of its PTB team would likely just cause unnecessary turmoil... which would just lead to a crappy experience for viewers.

On a purely creative level, whether by comparison or on his own, I'm not at all surprised that Pratt is out.

Some say Frons isn't that invested in, or is ambivolent about, OLTL. As far as what plays out on our TV screens, that might translate to being a good thing. Maybe we can ask him to step back from All My Children, too - just to increase our chances of getting some thread of pleasure out the show before it walks off into the sunset.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course, I would love for Wisner Washam to return, but I would settle for Broderick :) She takes a very intelligent approach to storytelling, a trait that used to characterize AMC. She's not perfect by any means, and I think its a case of romanticizing the past to say that she can't be plot-driven. The Tad/Liza repairing in 1995 was totally plot-driven and based on revisionist history, but I can forgive her for that because she probably had a mandate to write Liza as a somewhat sympathetic character to make her a viable obstacle for Tad and Dixie, and the show for the most part was so damn good and intelligent back then. Of course the problem for any writer coming on board would how to restore the heart and intelligence of a show that's been totally gutted of those traits. It's a tough mountain to climb, but I think Broderick could do it. Kay Alden or Jack Smith could work, but I think they burned their bridges with ABC. Then of course there's always Claire Labine, who seems to be eager to write. I think she's overrated, but she'd be much better than a Jean Passanante or a Leah Laiman, which I suspect is what we're going to get.

• Members

(Mostly referencing to the possibility of Broderick): It wouldn't be as if he didn't do it before - Michael Malone? - but, like I said, that didn't go over well.

I'm just saying it's not necessarily off the table. He let go of CP, and nobody thought he would do that. :lol:

But I'm not expecting anything. I've learned that just leads to total disappointment. ;)

• Members

Lord, what if Frons decides to rehire Megan? Remember what he said when she left last time...something to the effect that she was burnt out and needed a break. God help us, maybe she's recharged her batteries and is ready to return! Her writing was laced with so much darkness and anger last go-around. Everything seemed to be a big "F*** YOU!" to the fans, from the abortion reversal, Dixie and the pancakes, Tad murdering Madden, killing Julia, the Edmund/Maria debacle (though I'm not sure how much the Callahans' personal problems played into that). The last thing the show needs is her back in the HW seat. But I think Frons likes her and she still has allies in high places at ABC like JFP.

• Members

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Megan got asked back.... it would be very predictable, and she probably would have a good few months or a year.... its her style... but its not worth it. The woman should never be allowed a daytime show again.

• Members

If she gets rehired, this will be her agenda:

1) Rehire Victor Miller

2) Concoct an umbrella story that she claims will involve the whole cast, but in actuality will only revolve around four or five characters

3) Have a character be a rape victim (if that isn't already the umbrella story)

4) Rewrite history yet again, and have Erica discover that she has another long lost child.

Am I missing anything?

• Members

She could possibly do another lookalike / twin story. I mean, she's only tried that on AMC three times before.

I can see it now: Cameron Mathison's new "groundbreaking" dual role! :lol:

Seriously, I honestly believe McTavish won't be rehired. Her offenses are still fresh with viewers... but even if they weren't, I just think she's been around the block with the show too many times - and every time, she ends up crashing far worse than the last.

• Members

I don't think JFP has any power at ABC, and the idea of her caring enough about McTavish to fight for her to get a job at another show, I can't see.

I will be surprised if McTavish returns.

I will also be surprised if Broderick returns, since she has issues with Frons. I wouldn't mind seeing her return, but I thought a lot of 1996-1997 was plot-driven, misogynist, and unpleasant to watch, a harbinger of what was to come with AMC. If she does come back then hopefully she would have better material than she did then, or at OLTL.

• Members

Yep. This is what worries me. I don't really think it's going to happen, but there is that little voice in the back of my head that thinks this is the perfect set up to bring her back, and that maybe she's decided she's not "burnt" out anymore.

I honestly want to think we're all just making a mountain out of a molehill, but I don't think we are. I think she's as much a viable candidate as anyone else.

I disagree, for the most part, both she and AMC ended up getting away with Josh, plus he's dead now so no one has to "deal" with him. Janet is gone, so there's no one to remember that he murdered Trevor and put him a freezer. They don't mention Dixie, so who cares if they deal with her eating the pancakes. There's no more Babe for people to complain about. Really, all the damage Megan did has been whitewashed. I've seen quite a few people (granted they have fanbase driven agenda's for the most part) wanting her back and being okay if AMC were to choose her as the new HW. :unsure:

Archived