AMC: Pratt Is History...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would not want to be around Melissa Clair Egan right now.

Whoever becomes the new HW is going to be pretty restricted. For example they can't write out anyone after they move across the county. If they want to get rid of Randi and/or Marissa they can't.

• Administrator

Woah! Awesome news! The thing is, I don't think Frons fired Pratt - they're BFFs. I think Pratt wanted to leave - I've always believed that Pratt wanted to write for daytime until he was ready to go back to primetime and I believe that's where he's headed again. AMC was just a pit stop for him.

I really hope the next Head Writer is good. Any choice or combination of Addie Walsh, Jeff Beldner, Lorraine Broderick, Fred Johnson would be alright with me.

• Members

But if Prat wanted to leave, surely ABC would have told SOD to print that. Instead, all they've said was that he was "released" from his contract.

In the past, when other HW's/EP's vacated their positions, it was always reported that they stepped down, that doesn't appear to be the case with Pratt. But maybe we haven't gotten the full story yet.

• Members

There won't be huge changes, but there will be some change. Pratt had a very....unique writing style. All the headwriters over the past few years have had obvious differences. The main similiarity is they all have to showcase Ryan, Greenlee, and a few others. Now that Zach is going and Kendall may be going, that's one less requirement.

I wonder what will be done with the Hubbards. Pratt did write for them but generally just to prop the white characters. Will they be written out, or will they be strengthened?

He'd already written Annie into a corner anyway, but she may still stay around.

As for OLTL, I'm not sure how much Frons cares, as long as John is front and center.

• Members

I thought a lot of the writing for David sucked (what else is new), but yes, I did like having David back on the show. I hope he won't go just because Pratt is out. McTavish wrote a lot of crap for him the first time around (like when Gillian had sex with him for Ryan's bail money) but they still kept him and gave him the great story with Erica.

Archived