Y&R Kevin/Ryder/Gina spumor

• Members

I saw over on the soapdom boards a spoiler/rumor regarding Kevin, Ryder, and Gina. Apparently a distraught Gina has a run-in with Kevin and goes postal on him until Ryder steps in saves Kevin's life causing Ryder to be more trusted by everyone. Gina is hauled off to a psych ward, and Daniel is left with the GCAC. I hope this isn't true but I wouldn't put it past Sheffer/Hamner...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they do this to Gina, I will be beyond pissed (not that I'm not already given the crappy state of Y&R).

Gina is one of the few on the show that hasn't forgotten what psycho and criminal Kevin and the Fishers are. To ruin her just to prop Kevin and Ruder is stupid and unforgivable.

But sadly, this is something I can see happening on Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner's Y&R. :rolleyes:

• Members

This is awful...and I can see it being true.

Jerry Birn (her husband) just retired/left B&B as Story Consultant.

She's not that old, but she has had chronic back problems. Her husband is a fair bit older than she. Gina has been wildly neglected on Y&R. The last time we saw her, I think, she was railing against Kevin post-Chipmunk (isn't that right?).

Graz has no viable place on the show now. His "front burner" story really belongs to Amber-Kevin-Deacon-Ryder.

But reducing Daniel to a restauranteur with no real story...that's not viable for Graz, and it would be a horrible destruction of Gina's character.

I still remember sexy Patty Weaver when she first came to the show...a hard ex-con...Jack Abbott's f*ck-buddy...Neil Fenmore's paramour (until Lauren scuttled that wedding with her mama Joanna).

I do not want to see Gina brought to an ignoble end.

But, even though this rumor has some "truth-feel" to it, I also think there are some rumor-mongers out there who are trying to "fan the flames" of anger at the show. So, I won't believe it unless it happens. Same as the Ryder spumor.

• Members

I'm ok with something bad happening to Lauren as long as it leads to lot's of story for her and doesn't involve her death. Or I would be six months from now. I wish they would just give us a pleasant holiday season with nothing bad happening except business drama. A two month break from the darkness is not too much to ask.

• Members

I know something HUGE is supposed to go down with those characters (and a few more). They filmed it last month. One of the show's extra's briefly tweeted who was in his scene and that it was a BIG something something. I have no idea what it is just that something big is happening. Guess I'm less than helpful with this post. LOL!

I hope to god this is not what those scenes are about. I don't want them trotting out a legacy character, a woman nonethless, simply to have her go crazy. Very tired of the "crazy".

Archived