Y&R Kevin/Ryder/Gina spumor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they actually do, as sad as that is. I think they believe fans will prefer those names, and if they don't like it, too bad. There's a real lack of respect for Y&R's history and generally for any storytelling quality whatsoever. They think they can just do these shock value stunts and who cares about the rest.

I'm sorry that the past few years have made people less likely to remember just how great Lauren can be. I saw a comment saying they wouldn't mind seeing her go because they don't like her hair. I guess, to some viewers, that really is all Lauren is at this point.

• Members

ROFL....now that would be interesting. I can see them now, fighting for the left side of the bed!! :lol: Victor, I am taking the left side of the bed, YOU GOT THAT!!! And Jack will just do that thing he does with his lip and say OKAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I was going to add something else but no I won't do it!! :lol:

But NO, that is not it - when it happens everyone will know.

• Members

Lauren truly was a powerhouse back in the day so much she graced both Y&R and B&B. She had quite the edge and could really be cruel and mean. Some have suggested that both Shawn and Shelia's torment of her was punishment for being a mega-you know what but she also proved herself to be a leading lady during those storylines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CIQDJLjmos

• Members

She still has it when they do give her the material. She is the only supporting actress who has earned emmy nominations for Y&R these past five years. She earned the first one for the 2006 emmys (M & L's romance and engangement) and another for the 2008 emmys (Sheila as Phyllis story). The problem is under MAB, she is not one of her favorites for whatever reason and we know Sheffer doesn't like vets so she is sorta screwed. Bill Bell and Jack Smith loved her. LML seemed to like her as a significant supporting player but under MAB she has disapppeared for months at a time. You can say it is budget reasons, but at the same time MAB has added a whole bunch of actors, some returning vets and other newbies who get airtime.

As for this Kevin-Ryder-Gina spoiler. I thought it was completely nuts but with Kevin turning his back on Lauren and Michael and everyone being suspicious of Ryder except for Kevin I can now see them sacrificing Gina to make Ryder look better in their eyes. It will be such a shame if they actually do this to Gina.

• Members

Maybe I am dense, but I don't understand why MAB has not written for Lauren. It can't just be an age thing because she uses other older vets. It can't just be a money thing because she keeps hiring more and more characters. Maybe you can enlighten me beyond Michael and Lauren are happily married and they are over 40. They can always give them problems if that is the issue.

Unless, MAB has something against Tracey Bregman personally, I can't see the reasoning beyond the fact she has her favorites and they don't include anyone in the Baldwin-Fishers except Kevin and Jana by association. Same thing can be said for the Winters except for Lily. As for Lily, I don't know if she likes her or just feels obligated to write for her because of Lily and Cane's vocal fanbase.

• Members

I actually think the fact that they're showing two 'Likey'-centric Holiday episodes is encouraging. Why prop this couple if they're planning on killing off half of it? It would make no sense.

I'd be okay with Lauren dying if there hadn't already been two major deaths in the last year. I'm still far from convinced it will happen though.

Archived