Y&R Kevin/Ryder/Gina spumor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Plot. Plot, plot, plot, plot, plot.

They don't have anything that Daniel could do so they'll make him do this. I hate it because the character of Daniel has become so useless for over a year now.

And yeah, Greg Rikaart's talent can't save Kevin anymore. He's a sanctimonious criminal. I hate it that he's painting Billy as the worst person in the entire world while all of his crimes should suddenly be forgotten.

• Members

OMG, if this is true then my show is being run by IMBECILES!!! :(:mad::blink:

You know I don't mind the show getting rid of vets (I understand why) who don't get much screentime anyway but good grief at least let them leave the show with some dignity. The current writing regime don't have a clue at how to write intelligent/well thought out stories in the normal course of business anyway..so if they are being asked to cut the cast because of budget reasons (side effect of CBS cutting the licensing contract) then we can just expect the exit storyline to be even worse.

I don't believe for 1 minute that CBS is at all happy with the incompetence being shown in some of these storylines or some of MAB's agenda. Their "crown jewel" has become a "just like all the others shows" and not even being talked about in a positive light anymore. The worst part of all is that stunts only give a brief jolt in ratings..GH 2.0, here we come LOL!!

• Members

I was a big defender of Kevin-Gloria. If, after the Emmy-winning "boxing match" (with Michael...not the Chipmunk), Kevin had devoted his life to making better choices...if Gloria had shown that her love for John was sincere and she wasn't just a grifter...I would have maintained that defense.

Now, I view them both as flawed...as intentionally making bad choices when it suits them...and that puts them in the category I cannot root for. NO MATTER HOW BADLY Kevin was abused or whatever.

For a long time I wanted Glo to be Kay's daughter...but now I absolutely don't want that.

Thus: Gina is right. It is nice to have someone in town who remembers what bad choices Kevin has made...and continues to make.

As for the spumor...I'm not believing it. (Every time I have said this in the past, I seem to have been wrong).

• Members

What would be the point? I don't get it so this team have demonstrated how much they are unable creating their own new substantial characters, so why wipe out characters that long term and part of the classic concept? Replace them with who Ryder? Chloe (who I only admittedly love because of EH)? These extremely underdeveloped yet overly used for plot characters. So the protagonists and heroes however flawed gets dumbed down or deemed insane whenever the bad guys and bad girls plot need to continue. Can't we tell better stories than this?

• Members

Poor Gina if this rumor is true. Anyone who won't give Kevin the benefit of the doubt is the bad guy, especially now. When Gina yelled at Kevin there were fans who said she should get over it. Hell I even hear fans who put more blame on Lily than Kevin during the STD incident.

• Members

I think I sub-consciously believe as I posted this because it sounds so workable and MAB/Sheffer/Hamner-esque. Gina certainly does still remember that Kevin destroyed her livelihood and Gloria stole John away from her. Remember that until we found that Danny was a neglectful father Gina was a huge thorn in Phyllis' side for years gladly reminding everyone of her past crimes too. They could totally write Gina has become unhinged from her hatred of the Fisher clan. Daniel and Amber taking charge of the GCAC would probably lead to some new idiotic tale.

God forbid this spumor to be true, but I'm scared because it just sounds so damn workable.

• Members

I meant that he's no longer a serious criminal.

Most of his more recent crimes have been for the greater good (ie. when he broke into the pawn shop to help get Katherine her ring back) and relatively harmless. And he was brainwashed into robbing the bank.

• Members
Colleen only forgave him because LML had a hard on for Rikaart/Kevin and wanted him and Colleen in a romantic relationship; which was YET something else that was nixed (thankfully!) when Sursok took over the role since they didn't share the same chemistry.

ITA!

• Members

Have you seen this utterly, utterly proposterous spumor about Ryder's mom?

I can't even bring myself to post any of the content...but I'm seeing this spumor is actually getting discussion.

http://www.mrbrooksgenoacitynews.net/2009/11/spoiler-ryders-mother-is-christine.html

I want someone here to please write and say "This is utterly impossible...this would involve retcons upon retcons...this will never happen". Can someone please say that? Please?

• Members

No way do I believe that spoiler. Everyone from Phyllis to Tawny and even Gloria has been rumored to be his mother. This is just another out there rumor. And Christine is friends with Michael so nope I don't buy this.

I think the most likely person to be Katherine's daughter is Tawny and not because of anything in the background of the characters but because Jeanne Cooper wants Amber to be her granddaughter and the writers love, love Amber and Kevin and by connecting them to Katherine they will be incorporated into her story and away from the Baldwins who are not favorites of MAB. We have had Amber telling Katherine she is like her family and Kevin connected to Katherine. Through Tawny and Ryder, they can make Amber and Kevin family and then make them related to Katherine.

Archived