ATWT: October Discussion

• Members

Yeah, nothing wrong with some good ol' soapiness once in awhile! OMG, I just noticed the picture you have of Lily and Damian. NB and PS do have chemistry, that's why I'm so torn about whether I really want Holden and Lily reunited. Plus as characters, Lily and Damian do really love each other and they may even have stayed together forever if Damian's plane hadn't crashed in 1996.

I understand the criticism that there could have been more buildup, but I also think Holden had been kidnapped long enough and I'm glad they didn't have a amnesia story, so I'm fine with the rush to get Lily and Damian married and then Holden back.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep, that was Judi underneath all that hair.

Lily...darling, if you're really all that committed to your returned from the dead husband, perhaps you should resist tonguing your prospective bridegroom in his hotel room.

Meg---needs a little time in the rubber room.

At least the Jack/Holden meet&greet was a feel good moment.

• Members

I think the writing for Byrne was dreadful in those final years. Lily was written as a pathetic, desperate woman, but she still pulled it off. Beck??? I don't know. She just doesn't seem good enough for such a major character. I actually do think she has chemistry with Damian, but I view both of them as outsiders. I keep hoping she's one of the short-term characters to shake things up and then move on. I don't care about her in the long term, like I've always felt for Lily. When Holden returned I anticipated it the same way I anticipated Nicole being busted by EJ on DAYS. That's how I feel about Lily now. I don't blame the writings, I blame Chris Goutman for going this direction with the character. A better actress could make us understand Lily and her motivations better. That's his fault.

Now today's episode was good, if they follow up well. I keep waiting for someone to reveal Holden's letter and what Damian did with it. I want Holden to know that his daughter caught that whore sleeping with Damian in his home. I want Holden to know that Damian rushed his death investigation. I want Holden to know that that whore was cheaping on him BEFORE he died. If the writers follow through, you have a GREAT storyline. I also hope he softens his heart to Maeve tomorrow, knowing Lily doesn't care about him.

Another thing I'm LOVING is the downfall of MEg. She is fierce as a psychotic, special needs heroine. I felt like Jack was talking to Sage or something. MEg has no self respect and couldn't pick a man to save her life! I hope they continue her down on this bitch path and eventually find a proper guy for her. We'll see...

The worst part of the show continues to be Luke and Noah. Recast Luke and give him a decent love interest. Sorry, I don't think Van or Jake cut it. I know they'll never recast, but I'm just sayin...needs to be done!

• Members

That's what's really been missing on the show the past 5 years or so...that followthrough. Even in a plot-heavy contrived story, people FLOVE characters stringing all the "facts" together, and watching the fall out. It's cheating the audience when TIIC just "skip over" explanations. I do have a feeling though that the pre-death kiss is going to be exposed.

Sage is SMARTER than Meg. Just so we're clear on that point. :D

• Members

Loved Thursday's episode! So glad Lily stood up for Damian and she told him she has feelings for Damian too and one could interpret as Damian did that she is staying with Holden out of commitment or loyalty.

The lie suppressing the DNA evidence and bribing the cop to make a positive ID is going to be too big for Lily and Luke to forgive, even if Damian did it so as not to put Lily through any more pain, so I hope the writers have Holden do something underhanded too. Also, although I like seeing "crazy Meg," I'm glad they are not writing Meg too over the top with the craziness.

Noah, Luke, and Mason are a great character-based story. Common relationship insecurities can make for great story. I am glad Luke was so trusting of Noah though and they made plans to make it up with "good loving", despite what Mason wants to say to cause a rift between them. Van Hansis and Jake Silbermann are doing great acting.

The show is still misspelling Kreizman as Kriezman in the credits. Did he change his name?

• Members

Who would you say are the exceptions? To me, there have been more good recasts than bad ones. Billy Magnussen (Casey) and Tom Degnan (Adam) have both been great recasts. Chauntee Schuler is fine as Bonnie, and Sarah Glendening was better than the emotionless Spencer Grammer before her as Lucy.

• Members

ATWT has a bad habit, though, of not asking or seeking out the actors and actresses that previously played the role. Speaking of recasts and originals, has anyone heard any news about Yvonne Perry? Last I heard she was battling cancer.

Wednesday and Thursday's episodes was very mehh for me.

Loved the Jack/Holden interaction, although most of it was Jack coming up with excuses for Lily.

Gah, I flove Kathleen Widdoes. Why don't they feature Emma more? I am curious as to why they wrote her going out of town ten seconds before her son crashed the wedding.

And how the eff did Holden not recognize the white dress Lily was in? He was able to notice the tux Damian was wearing, but not Lily's dress? Sooooo, he automatically thinks his nowhere-to-be-seen sister is the bride?? No, I don't think so. That was a tad lame.

Noah and Luke were okay. Not as nauseatingly cheesy as usual, but close. I actually like Forbes March. I just hate that they had to bring him in as a character to interact with Nuke. I would have loved for him to come in and heat things up with Emily or Carly.

CrazyMeg is hilarious. She kept saying she wanted to go see her brother. She was soooo anxious to see him, but was she? I think she was just itching to get out of the house and go hump Damian's leg like a dog in heat. The second Luke said that the wedding had went crazy, you could see her eyes bounce. I do kind of cringe, though, because for a moment (when she was talking to Damian) I kept seeing flashes of Sophie. *shudder*

:lol: at Paolo's pronunciation of "Leely".

Seeing the Babs/Henry kiss made me kinda throw up in my mouth. God, please, don't let this story last long.

P.S.--Soooo looking forward to the punch of a lifetime tomorrow. How much money you wanta bet that Damian set up this Holden kidnapping? And if he didn't, he had a major role in keeping it going as long as it did.

• Members

ITA! I loved that!

I think thats why they had Lily just wear a normal white dress she already had, it was lame tho.

i love Crazy Meg! But then again, i love MW.

and i really hope that is the case, Damian behind behind it or having something to do with it would be great as long as it doesnt in a insta reunion of holden/lily

• Members

I think she was blogging about it. You could probably google that.

I think it was to show her level of protest.

I'm sure fashion PrincessLily has hundreds of dresses. It was lame she chose white (being like her hundredth wedding and all...) but I can't really blame Holden for not thinking his wife was the bride...I mean, c'mon...he'd only been "dead" a couple of months.

Bite your tongue! Scarfboy with Em or Carly? *thud* Interestingly enough, I'd think he'd have made a better brother for Paul than Henry....they have the same 'tude...and hair.

I feel so bad for CZP...I was excited about her getting story and getting a "love interest"...and then it's Henry. I don't object to the "younger man" thing, or the fact he's her son's half-brother (I'd actually been hoping for Dusty...) but that it's a throw away "comic" story that won't go anywhere.

Unless TIIC chose to do a back-write, we know Damian's only "role" in it was keeping the true DNA results from everyone. Don't get me wrong, that's bad enough...but to me, it's obvious TIIC don't want Damian (like Craig) painted as evil...just slightly manipulative (which doesn't work for me with Craig, but I digress...)

Archived