ATWT: October Discussion

• Members

We will never agree jfung...LOL

Parkers hair is awful.

I forgot about Lily and Damian today. The show was so dull with everything else that I forgot. I did like the little smart ass remarks between Meg and Emily. The Craig and Ro story is going nowhere. Especially with ..........the show!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
LOL.

Yes, I liked how Meg and Emily went from being cordial to sniping at each other within minutes. It developed naturally.

That reminds me, I liked how Meg pretended to defend Lily to Holden (as well as Emma's reaction to that), and how Lily and Meg might work together now based on the preview. It's a nice little twist in their rivalry if it happens, although I'll still be fine if it doesn't.

Earlier when I wrote Meg was right about Lily, I meant she was right about Lily not being able to decide who she wants and jerking both Damian and Holden around. But oddly enough, Meg was also right when she was defending Lily to Holden. It shouldn't make sense but it does ... And it is way better than a few months ago when Meg was just randomly changing her mind about Paul all the time. Meg has a clear goal now - she wants to be with Damian and will say whatever gets her there.

Not sure what you mean by "The Craig and Ro story is going nowhere. Especially with ... the show!"

• Members

Judi and Jon have surprising chemistry. I can see them saddling a horse together and riding off into the sunset. Of course, golden-hearted Holden had to suggest Maeve turn the money in. Gah, he's such a buzzkill sometimes. :lol:

Lily and Damian were tolerable today. I find Damian's recent obsession with "Leely" a little disturbing....like...he has bigger plans up his sleeve than just being her husband. (P.S. When is Paolo leaving? I thought he signed a short-term return...this is a bit long...)

ITA with ya, Ron. Way too much hair covering that face. As P.J. once said, a big part of acting is showing facial expressions and you can't see any with that horrendous mop covering his face....

• Members

I hope Damian will be here for a long time to come! And I don't see that he has bigger plans than just being her husband, only that being her husband is a lifetime commitment for him.

It doesn't cover his face, lol.

Another thing I liked today was Liberty missing SATs. It was a nice anchor to everyday teen problems, as opposed to the usual exaggerated melodrama (which I love too).

• Members

Yeah I know. She even made me like Paulina/Joe, and I think I would have hated Joe with someone else, since he could be a d-bag. He did have that lovely furry chest though.

I wish we'd seen a bit more of those Emily/Meg scenes today. They were very complex.

I don't get a good feeling about Emily's pregnancy.

I loved that Emma told Holden she wasn't going to push him to get back together with Lily. I do wish we could see a Snyder siblings return briefly for this story.

• Members

I'm just sayin...Damian has a history of having ulterior motives. Need I remind you of him smothering Luke with attention, only to finally admit he wanted his inheritance?

I think Parker would look handsome with a haircut. Right now, he just looks like an undergroomed skater boy.

Emily and Meg do have complex history, but I just wasn't feeling those scenes between them today. Marie Wilson's acting skills have been weak lately. What happened to the strong, independent, yet emotionally conflicted woman that came to Oakdale after leaving Josh? Now, she's just a withering screen-filler that pines away for a man that doesn't care anything for her.

• Members

I don't see her as pining away ... That's what she did for awhile, but now she is becoming like Paul used to be -- willing to do anything to get what Damian because she is convinced Damian can be made to love her again. But not quite as crazy as Paul yet.

I don't remember Paul being described as a "weak man" "pining away" or not "independent" because he was obsessively in love with Meg, controlling and manipulating Meg to be with him or stay with him or come back to him, even though she didn't love him anymore and he was delusionally thinking that she could be made to.

• Members

Parker is officially my Favorite. Soap. Kid. Ever! (Sorry former Little Bill Lewis Bryan Buffinton...) Today he got to tell of Paul, Em, Janet, Craig and Rosanna! FUN!! He had Big Bad Craig sputtering and dumbfounded---HILARIOUS! And yes, I agree--he'd look better with shorter hair, but I'm glad he finally got a trim so we can see he actually has eyes.

I think we might have broached the whole "Paul's a whipped, sick little twisted Puppy" topic while we complained about the endless Vortex of Suck he's been in with Meg. If not, we were probably all thinking it as we rolled our eyes and tried not to complain about it too much while posting.

I wish they would play up the history between Meg and Em (and Meg and Lily) more---people forget Em was flucking Meg's husband Tonio back in the day.

Missing Carly----Rosanna and Craig are gross for goin' at it in HER house!

• Members

Now that you mention it, I actually do remember something like that being discussed. Where has my memory gone? LOL.

But I still think there's a difference between the Meg who was playing the victim saint and really "pining away" for Damian, and the more active, manipulative Meg now.

I can't wait to see the show today after your description of Parker.

• Members

Oh, I agree about Meg...'tho I'm not sure she ever "pined away" for him...the minute Lily started manipulating Damian and trying to bust them up, Meg has had her claws out and made it known to ANYONE who'd listen that she wasn't going to sit back and let Lily get away with it. It's almost the first interesting thing Meg's done since MWil took over the role. It's almost scary how quickly Meg's shifted gears between "sane" and "schziophrenic manipulator".

I have a Parker-bias. He was fun...some of the rest of it (you'll know after watching) was unbearably cheesy. Fabio-you can't believe it's not butter commercial cheesy.

• Members

Arghh...I keep forgetting to tape ATWT this week. :(

Craig & Ro are kinda hot...but pointless now. Also...Jon Lindstrom's face is like botox-freezed or something...I could only imagine how much hotter they would be if he actually used some facial expressions.

Man, oh, man...I know what being late for an exam is like. I do feel Liberty's pain.

I'm continuing to like obsessive Meg. I loved how she defended Lily to Holden just so that she could push Lily away from Damian and back to Holden.

It's really too bad Maeve isn't staying. Holden seems to light up with just about every woman he's with except Lily.

Damian is just about as nutso as Meg, but I still love him. He's not 100% good or bad which is just what this show needs. I'm also surprised that Paolo has decided to stick around for this long.

Archived