ATWT: October Discussion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

His name is Kreizman (unless he changed it suddenly) ... ATWT misspelled the name as Kriezman today in the credits, grr.

On the basis of today, I think his Meg will be interesting, less boring/hypocritical saint/victim. I also like that Paul is continuing on his good guy track. Also I was worried after Damian lied about what the officer told him a couple weeks ago that he would be complete villain again, but he seemed reasonable today.

It is one of the oldest soap tricks in the book to do this marry and then your dead husband shows up (no spoilers please, that just seems to be how it's heading), but I still like it. I hope there is a long triangle. I really am not decided whether whether I like Holden/Lily or Damian/Lily better.

• Members

I want to give Kriezman a chance, although I didn't like a lot of what happened at GL when he took over.

I do remember women generally being strong, at least compared to other soaps, when he was in charge, aside from some stuff like Jeffrey/Olivia. I'm hoping he has something to do with the backbone Allison has had lately.

• Members

What Lily? Oh, you mean that rosey-cheeked whiner that was sucking spit lips with Damian Skeezfest Grimaldi today? *shudders* Oh yeah...I forgot, that's who they got to "play the part". Ye..not a big fan.

Okay, okay, sorry. I'm done with the Beck bashing for now. It's just....imagine Alyssa Diaz (ex-Celia, ATWT) coming to ATWT in a new role and everyone in a thread talks about how awesome she is or how "she's not that good, but she'll do", but.....you know she still sucks. That's just how I feel about Beck. Sorry, guys, if I'm being a little snooty about the whole thing. It wouldn't suck so bad if the character of Lily herself didn't take such an epic downfall after Byrne left. (Yeah, Lily was needy and immature at times, but Byrne always gave Lily the facial expressions and general chemistry. The fans were able to connect and sympathize with her at times; Beck has NONE of that.) We ALL know Byrne would never agree to this horrible storyline, but Beck keeps passing off this garbage as "romantic"...like it's some fairytale or something. Sorry, but I've been down this road before, I know how the story ends, and I don't feel like watching the trainwreck ripple-effect for the unteenth time. Damian is the most over-used romantic foil for the Lilden romance and it's really getting old and just plain irritating. How ANYONE can take this recycled grabage as a legitimate story is beyond me!

• Members

You cannot honestly compare Noelle Beck to Alyssa Diaz. Just...no. Diaz was simply terrible. Beck is working with a rushed storyline that has made her character very unlikeable for the sake of dramatic effect.

Byrne's Lily took a downfall ages ago. I HATED how she dealt with Rose's death and how she dragged her kids into her grief. Nothing she could do could make me sympathize with her.

Yeah, just like Byrne refused the de-gay storyline? :rolleyes: I don't think Beck is trying to pass this storyline as romantic at all. And I'm not sure how the writers are trying to pass it off as, either. Do they want us to hate Lily? Do they want us to see Damian as the bad guy? Do they want us to root for Holden & Lily? I just don't know, because...aside from Holden...who is magically a perfect guy once again...Damian is coming off as extremely selfish and Lily's both selfish and flaky.

Damian is also the most over-used villain in the Lilden story, so I'm hoping to God they turn things around. I don't want him to be a Snyder saint..just keep him complex and rootable. I'm tired of Damian being sacrificed for the Lilden pairing.

People need to realize that Kreizman isn't the sole reason GL went down. He's not a one-man show. He was working with other people and dealing with higher-ups and external factors that could have easily affected his work. I'm definitely willing to give him a chance here.

• Members

Apparently your were not done as you went on to bash her more...

and really? Noelle Beck is being compared to Alyssa Diaz? Please.

Lily took a downfall years before Byrne left.

and Byrne would never agree to this horrible story? Then whats the excuse for all the awful storylines she did agree to? And its Beck's fault how the story is being done? im sorry, but no. How do you know she isnt playing the role as shes told? It is her job after all to play her role the way she is told. To act out whats written.

The simple fact is you cant stand that some people enjoy Beck in the role of Lily, you have admitted to that. You are a MB fanboy, and there is nothing wrong with that, but really? Maryl Streep could be playing lily to perfection in a brilliant storyline and you would hate it.

THANK YOU!

• Members

Guiding Light actually improved a little when Kreizman took over. Of course following Ellen Weston anybody would have been great.

The difference here is Chris Goutman is no Ellen Wheeler. As much as I have criticized Goutman this past year he is still way better then Ellen.He will keep DK in check. After solo Jean I am actually looking forward to seeing what Kreizman and Lucky Gold can do for the show.

Noelle Beck is NOT Lily. She never will be. I don't care what story she is in. Whenever I see her on screen with Lily's family it is like watching some stranger interact with the Snyder family. You can call me a rabid Martha fan or a tru Lilden fan. I don't care.

I didn't like Heather Ratray in the role but I could probably accept her as Lily more then I could accept Miss Beck.

• Members

I could not agree more Actor87. "watching the trainwreck ripple-effect for the unteenth time" is so dead on accurate. Recycled garbage recycled for the 15th time. Creatively this show is an absolute mess. I see very little improvement. It may not be as bad as AMC- but that is not saying much. I hope the new writing addition can change the direction of this show as it is going to the bottom of the sewage pond.

• Members

See, to me, I've fully embraced Noelle Beck as Lily. I find her really believable as the daughter of Lucinda Walsh, and I enjoy her performances as the slightly emotionally unstable Lily; I think had Martha Byrne been doing Noelle's recent scenes she would have come off a little whiny. *hides*

The show has gotten a lot more watchable on a day-to-day basis now, and the storylines seem to be actually going somewhere now. I liked how they wrapped up Judi Evans' stint leaving the door open, and I felt that a real sense of community was reinstalled into the series with both Meg and Emily being all over town interacting with different characters. It's definitely improving now. I just hope it continues and that when Maura West gets back off maternity leave they don't go back to it being The Carly Hour and allowing everyone elses' stories to suffer.

• Members

Okay, really, JP? You're the last person who should be pointing fingers; I can't count how many fights I've witnessed between you and other board members over your love for a character or a certain daytime actor. If not liking the recast of a certain character makes me a fanboy of the previous portrayer, then I guess I am. I guess since you're such a warrior for the Beck portrayal of the role, one could call you a Beck fanboy, too, huh?

That's completely laughable and quite silly. No fanboy here...just a fan of good acting. I don't like Beck in the role of Lily. Byrne was great, but now she's gone. As a fan, I respect her decision, but I do not agree with the actress that TPTB picked to portray Lily. I have voiced that opinion (sometimes, too much) and if I have offended the onslaught of Beck fans in doing so, then I am sorry.

UKBoi, there is no reason to duck. Honestly...does everyone think I'm going to rip them a new one if they diss Byrne's portrayal of the role? I've read rant after rant about her version of Lily many times here at SON. It doesn't bother me. If people don't like her (and most in this thread don't), than that's their opinion.

James and Ivan, ITA. As you can see, JP, I'm not the only one who doesn't like Beck in the role. I'm not just a Martha Byrne fanboy on a tirade because Byrne isn't in the role. Byrne has moved on at this point. As long as TPTB can find someone with talent (and chemistry with their co-stars and the viewing audience), then I'm all for it. But at this point, IN MY OPINION, Beck has none of that.

Archived