ATWT: October Discussion

• Members

He'll be around soon. ;)

Yeah. Poor Holden. Dead 3 weeks and already, his wife's boinking her ex. :lol: Floved that look he gave her after he grabbed her hand and asked why she did it.

And yes, P.J. Despite what you might believe, there's a regular actor hiding under that scarf. ITA about the Paul brother thing...

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I like Van. Part of it is that I think he's cute. But he's a perfectly good actor, IMO. Granted, Luke is a self righteous, bitchy little queen.... but how many blonde twinkies that age have you seen act the exact same way? God help me, I probabaly WAS one! LOL I think is portrayal is surprinsingly reaslistic. It also could be that Van is basically playing himself. If that's the case, then I'm less impressed. P.S., I'm surprise they took Eileen Fulton out of mothballs today. It's a crime how little they use her.

• Members

OMG, first Friday cliffhanger of the Kreizman (or Kriezman) era was amazing! The fire (too bad it was spoiled a bit in next wks preview that Vienna will be fine) ... Lisa was interacting with everybody ... Loved the spooky entrance for Maeve at the Snyder farm ... Henry/Barbara took a more serious turn, and Barbara entered it with her eyes wide open ... Jessica in next week's preview, and Dusty looks younger lol! ... Holden/Damian and Lily/Meg and Lily/Damian scenes had great conflict and tension ... Kudos to script writer David Levinson too for today's episode.

Not a single boring or pointless scene or character today.

Awesome week overall, got better and better as the week rolled along. Loving it. Bring it on, ATWT. The Passanante/Kreizman/Gold era is gonna be great! Just need to get back to that Bob and Kim story too and it will be beyond great.

• Members

It would be foolish to start raving about Kriezman so soon. All HWs try to give fans what they want IN THE BEGINNING. Let's wait a few months and see the real Kriezman after fans have sainted him the savior of ATWT who can do no wrong. I'll admit the show is still very good (it had been improving without him), but I'm not raving about anyone whether it be Kriezman or Passanante, because there is still a way to go.

I did love seeing Lisa today and I hope that since crazy bitchy MEg is the only MEg Kriezman knows that she'll stay crazy. She's MUCH more interestng this way. It's an impossible character to Mary Sue and Marie Wilson can't play that. I also loved Maeve's entrance, but I was disappointed with the lack of her horrible weave in the previews. I don't know if I want her completely glammed up. Same thing happened to Maddie, who lost all her quirkiness. I hate when shows do that. Maeve would fit right in on a show centered around a farmhouse. Don't lose all of that!

LOVED seeing Jessica in the previews! They better KILL THAT! I want great scenes to make up for the lack of Jessica since Bonnie returned. Bonnie and Dusty have been recieved positively, so why doesn't she have a story?!?! It makes no sense!! Dusty is a lead character, but once he got paired with a black actress he got no screentime. I fully expect him to return to the frontburner once they get broken up. And Bonnie? Will continue appearing once a month. Hell, I didn't even like nuJade, but she had better chemistry with Casey than anyone.

ETA:

And to be clear, to my knowledge Passanante, Kriezman and Leah Laiman are HWs.. Gold is a script writer, that's all.

• Members

I think Gold is doing whatever Leah Laiman does, not scripts. Because he's always listed right at the beginning of that section of the writers, after Passanante/Kriezman and the director, after Laiman but before any of the other writers. Maybe breakdowns, but I thought ATWT didn't have breakdown writers anymore.

As for my praise, I agree it's too early, but I was one of the few who liked Kreizman on GL so to me this is just a continuation. Also it being too early doesn't stop many people from bashing a writer, actor, or producer either.

• Members

^^^It's a little different on the network, Simon's being grouped with the scriptwriters. Don't know what that means.

I was a little squeamish about the Babs/Henry thing, but once I knew Babs wasn't being strung along by Henry's cheesy romance inspired come-ons, it came off better. Henry's still a dog, but Babs' isn't a fool. The only part that creeped me out was when she threw out "you sound like your father when you say that", when she greeted Henry at the door. The woman spent the better part of her life running from Stenbeck, and that just rang false. Though I appreciated the nod to history.

My vote goes to "surprising hot" for Trent. CZP---holy schnikes, Batman. We should all look that good--at any age.

I liked the physicality of the Lily/Meg catfight. I surely wouldn't want to see it every day, but too often ATWT is reluctant to give us a little Dynasty-inspired comeuppance.

• Members

ATWT has some of the best aging vets of any soap. When they actually use them, it's even better.

I noticed Trent a few weeks ago when he had a shirtless scene and I was surprised. He's not exactly the show's main hunk but at least he is keeping himself fit for the relationship with Vienna. It's quite a contrast to shows like GH, where the leading men are often bloated and in the handful of shirtless scenes they do a decade, they act like they're donating a kidney.

• Members

I was surprised, too. But not really, because I have a thing for guys who arne't the typical hunks. Six pack abs don't impress me a bit... it makes me think theyr'e trying WAY too hard, and it looks almost artificial, like a department store mannequin, that and I DEPLORE men who wax and tweeze (unless it's their back). I don't know, Ruxton didn't think much of him... but Trent has that quasi-nerdy cherub like quality that I find attractive for some reason.

• Members

I'm soo confused about Lily. One minute, she tells Damian that he will never compare to Holden and the next, I'm getting hints that she's only clinging on to Holden, because she's "loved" him for so long and that love is actually more of an obligation. I really hope it's the latter.

You know, I tend to agree with Meg when she has her bitchfights with Lily...sure, Meg's a hypocrite, but she does speak the truth. LOL.

Glad to see Lisa back! I really enjoyed her scenes with Damian. At least one person in Oakdale doesn't see him as a monster.

Barbara and Henry are kinda hot...colour me shocked! It's a nice surprise that Barbara is going into this eyes wide open.

• Members

Colleen and Trent both looked amazing (seriously, does CZP age?), but I'm still getting the ick factor from Barnry.

Ugh...Lily, make up your mind. SHEESH!

Ironic that Eileen was on today. Maybe her "wish for Lisa" had something to do with her being on.....??

I love Meg. :wub: You tell her, girl!

Soooo excited about Tamara Tunie's return. She hasn't changed a bit. I hope they brought her back for a good story, not so she can meddle in Bonnie's life.

• Members

Another solid episode, except Grayson McCouch is a horrible actor. What was a well-written, tense scene for Dusty and Ralph turned into Grayson McCouch reciting his lines in a monotone. I feel bad for the actress playing Teri apparently being stuck with Dusty in a story soon. It was nice to see Bonnie.

I missed Dusty until I saw him again, and now I'm like, please do go on that vacation and don't come back if you're going to be played this way all the time. How did I forget this? Teri nailed the annoying machismo thing, but too bad she's probably going to fall for him later.

Archived