ATWT: October Discussion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, maybe he'll get better again. This was his first day back after a month or two of no airtime, so it'll take him awhile to settle back in and absorb all the excitement and energy the other cast members seem to be feeling and giving. I should cut some slack. I think I liked his acting when Jennifer died (although I can't remember back that far really).

• Members

Actually, I wasn't bothered by Dusty at all today. I actually appreciated the backstory---of course, I'm not sure anyone else remembers Dusty had some kind of business that went bankrupt before Babs brought him to town to break up Rose and Paul all those eons ago.

FLOVED Parker nailing those horndogs to the wall. I only wish he'd thrown them BOTH of of "his" house like he threatened. Hearing Craig and Ro wail about "what to do about Carly" made me sick. TELL her, you spineless jellyfish! Let her slap the crap out of the Whore of Babylon and that miserable lowlife SLUG of a fiancee, and let her move on with HER life! Don't friggin' lie to her while you sneak around behind her back "trying" to figure out what you feel. That's the biggest pile of horseshit...they're not as concerned with Carly as they are with their own asses--as in, "if you're not going to say it, I'm not going to admit I like you either." GMAB.

I kind of like the Babs/Henry thing...but I feel like I need a shower just for typing that out. ;) And Katie---what the fluck? You know Henry's cheating and all you can say is "I know you'll get out of it"...??? Wasn't she ready to fillet Henry just a few months ago when she thought Henry was cheating with (insert name of prissy woman Henry dressed up as...)?

• Members

Ahh yes.. Geneva, the swift. Who can forget the fair-faced maiden?!

Katie's taking up for Henry's slimy actions a bit too much. And the fact that she still calls them "friends" after all the surrogate mess is beyond me. TIIC took the most believable, platonic male/female friendship left on the show and just....shredded it.

As far as Rosanna and Craig go....did I miss the memo? I never really bought the Carly/Craig pairing as a legitimate pairing. Maybe it was the fact that Carly was drunk 90% of the times she talked to Craig. And the other 10%, he did all of her talking for her. (I swear......besides the spa storyline--- don't hate me, but I kinda liked it ---TIIC have thrown Maura some pretty sh*tty maternity write-outs).

• Members

The Katie/Henry friendship ended for me after she married him, knowing how much he loved her and she did not love him in return, just to try to get over Mike or Simon or whoever. I actually sort of preferred the days when he was needling her at WOAK.

I have to agree that Barbara/Henry are, in some odd way, hot. And the scene where Barbara said to herself in the mirror, "I've still got it," was hot. It's sad that a comic relief story which is bound to end in a humiliating way for Barbara is the only way to remind us of how desirable Barbara is, but at least CZP gets some good stuff to play.

• Members

There's a train of thought that Craig supported Carly through some really difficult times, and Carly was just afraid to admit she loved him...and that she treated him like sh*t and doesn't deserve him now. That he was actually good for her...which just proves everyone interprets what happens differently. Me? I think if someone has to get drunker than HELL to sleep with you, and you don't notice it, you're clueless and the person you're sleeping with just isn't that into you.

But hey...that's just me.

Co-sign on Maura's shitty writeouts. Oh, what I would have given for a simple coma or two.

• Members

I didn't have a problem with the backstory, and I'm glad it fit previous history P.J. (thank you for remembering and sharing that!) ... I had a problem with Grayson McCouch's delivery.

Carly/Craig, I did buy from Craig's end. He did a lot for her and Parker, though not always with the best results, and to me that was out of love. Carly, I felt did not love him though and was using him as a crutch because she was still getting over Jack.

Katie is concerned about Henry's *staying alive* more than his cheating, which is understandable.

Barbara/Henry isn't just comic relief -- it has fun scenes but with serious effect.

• Members

The best part of the show was Emma and Holden. The rest of the show was rather boring again. I do hope they keep Judi Evans. I am liking her. But her hair is still not quite right. It needs to be a bit longer. Speaking of hair...dear gawd...Will someone cut Parker's mop of a hair...seriously the kid looks awful with all that hair on him...lol

• Members

I like Parker's long hair.

My favorite part of today was Lily getting all self-righteously jealous at the end after she couldn't even answer Luke about who she wants to be with, then Holden giving her a "You didn't just go there" look.

I love that the show is having Lily be so brazenly hypocritical. Meg is obsessed with getting Damian, but she is also right about Lily. There are no "good people" and "bad people", just different shades of gray.

Archived