ATWT: October Discussion

• Members

Y'know, I can forgive a lot of stupid plot contrivances and lame "fate as coincidence" moments for dramatic effect (I know...it doesn't keep me from bitching about them or gnashing my teeth...)...but for crying out loud...if Holden's so concerned about alarming Lily (or his surely grieving mother) by just calling out of the blue from the dead...can't he call his big, strong COUSIN the COP and alert him?

*bangs head on wall* At least Jack's truly been grieving him. Besides Emma, I'm not sure anyone else in his family is.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Beck is not Lily, but if she is playing the role, pair her with Damian. Martha would have done the Damian/Lily/Holden redux....thats just silly saying she wouldnt have done that. She is paid do to what the script says. Going back to Beck. She is a fine capable actress but she doesnt convey Lily to me at all and thats why I dont care if she and Holden break up.

As to the show...Lily wanting to marry Damian because she couldnt move on is just absurd. I am glad Emma told her the real reason behind the rush wedding. It was nice seeing Lucinda be there for Lily. It would have been great had Lucinda and Emma teamed up to stop the wedding though..........lol

Mason and Noah...LMAO...glad Mason told Noah to stop his female outrage about him trying to seduce him in the car....LOL.

PS...Dusty ...you need to move on...Martha isnt coming back to the show.

• Members

Even if Bryne who I always liked for the most part was still in the role, I would still hate this story. They're beating a dead horse that's done over and over again. And the fact that Lily married Damian so fast after Holden's "demise" is not only unbelievable, it also illustrates how poor pacing of this tale by rushing through it so fast, even if Lily did sleep with Damian right before Holden's "death".

• Members

Naw, really? :rolleyes: I get that, Ron. That's what I said in my earlier post...she's not coming back, she's gone, I know. I just wish they had recast the role with someone better than Noelle Beck.

And maybe I should have re-phrased my statement about MB not being up for yet another re-hash of the Lily/Damian/Holden triangle. I guess what I was trying to say is...MB would have been very vocal about her dislike for the story. However, we have NB talking in articles about how this is all so great (this story is all, I know, very new to her but for others, it's like "Oh god...really??...Again??"). I don't see the need in having NB tout a storyline as "great" and "new" when this sh*t has been recycled decade after decade and almost always have the same ending (Damian leaving town, Lilden reuniting shortly after).

• Members

You dont have to roll your eyes at me. You are coming off annoying in your constant posts about Martha B. I've watched her since her first day on the job but I am not going on and on about her being let go. I am a bigger fan of hers than you are!

• Members

I apologize, Ron. I was just defending my opinions. No more posts about Martha...

--------------

ITA 100%.

---------------

(I guess what I've been trying to say all along is...I feel like the character has become even more unbelievable since it was recast and I also feel like the recast herself has continued to sour viewers from the character with her poor acting skills and poor on-set/audience chemistry. My love for the previous portrayer might be seen as the only reason behind all this contempt, but it's not. Poor storytelling, poor show leadership, and poor casting is.

• Members

What's wrong with mentioned Martha Byrne? Lily is still a major character so she's still a valid point of discussion. I agree that Noelle Beck is a dreadful actress and I can't understand how she got this role. I remember them saying a who's who in daytime was out for this role and they cast Beck? From Loving??? I think it was her looks that got her the role because her beauty is all she has going for her.

• Members

I wasn't going to say anything but this post almost speaks volumes for me. Beck overall is okay, but I wouldn't have casted her. Then again, after Byrne has played the role for so long bearing the exceptions of Deakins and Rattray can Lily be played anyone, even by someone who has more recognition than being a lead heroine for a largely low-rate soap and had starring roles two primetime flops?

• Members

Co-sign on Noelle Beck...I don't really see her as Lily. I have just been pretending she is some separate character, a Lily *reincarnation* if you will. Her acting is about on par with Silbermann, if that makes sense. Just my two cents. So anyway, got caught up with ATWT today, and I must say it is like this Lily/Damian story is moving at the speed of lightning. Thank god for mobile Youtube or I'd be lost as hell.

Holden died like two weeks ago, and TPTB are rushing this wedding and Holden's homecoming without a proper buildup. I just can't really get into this story as much anymore as a result, although there are *elements* that make it bearable for me. Crazy Meg is CRAZY FUNNY, Lily/Damian have passable chemistry, Paolo is too fine to *not* be all over my screen, but that is about it. And even these are fairly superficial reasons to make a story enjoyable. It is all so unbelievable and forced, I am surprised they even bothered to get dressed for the wedding. I mean, what is the big hurry?

• Members

I see no reason the Beck vs. Byrne debate should be shelved. If it's not your thing, don't reply to it. Everyone's got a right to express their opinion.

I don't think the writing has particularly supported Beck in the role, but it's not like she's God's Gift to acting either. And this was a woman who got the role without a freakin' audition. I think it was a mistake to recast the role in the first place. The entire Holden/Carly affair (yes, fangurl PJ managed to bring Maura up...LOL) was a HUGE mistake and the hasty Holden/Lily reconciliation stunk even more.

But I can't criticize Beck either for pumping up her story...she hasn't acted out Lilden reconciliations 1-13097, and she probably has ZERO idea of exactly how many affairs these "soulmates" have had on, over, and around each other.

• Members

Fanboy/girl: A fan, aficionado, or supporter is someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking and enthusiasm for a sporting club, person (usually a celebrity), group of persons, company, product, activity, work of art, idea, or trend.

There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy, for the record, but i am not a NB fanboy. I enjoy her in the role, i like the character, but if she quit/got fired i wouldnt be going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about her. its not then you dont like beck and liked MB, its the amount you post it and bash her and place the majority of anger and blame on her, when shes not responsible for much.

And dont try and sell that crap when you have posted many times how it makes you sick to see anyone like Beck or defend her. Thats some deep hatred right there to make you sick when someone prefers an actress over another.

Yes everyone does because you have.

I never claimed you were the only one, your just the only one obsessively posting it in almost every post. and i have a really hard time believing you would accept anyone but MB in the role.

• Members

I think Beck is an okay actress and she is growing on me as Lily. I thought Wednesday's episode was exciting even if it was cliched. My favorite parts were Meg glaring through the screen, Lucinda showing up after all, Damian's vow to Lily, and Lily dropping the flowers when she saw Holden after getting married. I am intrigued by the possiblity (as long as she isn't written off) that something may happen to Emma -- sending her off driving somewhere in a rainstorm?

I didn't like Lily's reason for marrying Damian ... From weakness because she can't be alone when dealing with her grief, instead of from strength. I want to really not know who Lily will end up with, and that reason is not leaving much room for doubt. I am relieved that Damian is not being written too darkly (yet) though.

Ruxton Hills, what did you mean that Emma told her the real reason for Lily getting married?

• Members

I admit...I have put the blame on Beck at times that I shouldn't've. The writing for the character since Byrne's exit is absolutely awful. I don't think anyone could pull off grieving for a husband and marrying a former one just two weeks later. Furthermore, I do not think Beck can pull off the role of Lily. Your defense of Beck is really quite flattering, but I'm allowed to have my own opinion.

Show me one time where I have belittled or mocked someone for their opinion. If they have an opinion different than mine, I respect that. As soap fans, we're destined to have conflicting views at one point or another. But I have NEVER posted anything belittling or harassing to anyone that disliked Byrne in the role.

I've dropped this issue. I'm not going to continue arguing with you about it. If you're really troubled by me voicing issues that I feel strongly about, ignore me. You're the one continuing to bring this up.

Finally, for the record, this goes to everyone. If you're bothered by my "obsessive posting", you can ignore it as well.

Archived