ATWT: October Discussion

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So is Adam gone?

I had such mixed feelings about the story, as I think what they did to Adam was a huge black mark on ATWT and a shameful way to warp someone who could have, with the right actor, carried major story for years. I needed this story to be resolved, and for Adam to not be a monster. Yet, the end result was sort of blame the victim, or at least Maddie's reaction seemed that way. I find that unsettling. I also think Adam leaving is a cheat, even if I'd rather he leave than stay and revert to psycho mode. I hope he can return at some point and not be a villain. I also hope this isn't going to send Tom and Margo to the backburner again, Ellen has done such wonderful work here, and Scott has stepped up lately.

I don't want to see Maddie pine after Casey in her brief time back on the show, but I'm looking forward to seeing her with Audrey and Henry.

I also like that Casey is getting these mixed shades (I just wish he had a better haircut -- he looks like one of those dogs whose owners give them frou frou hair). I don't really care about his relationship with Alison but I thought Marnie whatever her last name is did a VERY good job in their last scene on Wednesday's episode.

• Members

NuAdam was good. He was rootable. Maybe it was the sudden change in characterization (reverting back to the likeable version, not the psycho version)...maybe it was the actor. I don't know, but I did like him.

I'm not buying this Henry/Babs pairing. This whole inheritance story has just gotten way out of hand. <_<

• Members

I have to say one thing about Adam this time around that despite all the excuses he and others could try to make for his past crimes, it seemed he knew deep down inside that only he was to blame for his actions no matter what. Sure Adam is far from redemption but at least it's a start.

• Members

It's not that the show's bad---it's just that the things that should be really compelling to me right now aren't.

I continue to roll my eyes at the Adam plot---mostly because he's quickly being let off the hook for what he did. Not only for Gwen and Maddie, but what he's done since, impersonating Riley Morgan. Casey's right---Margo excusing his behavior so easily mystifies me.

Craig and Ro are rutting pigs. I get that Craig's not a warm fuzzies kind of guy, but for an "I hate you/now let's fall into bed" story to be believable, there's got to be an inkling of attraction from both sides. I saw hints of it from Ro---I felt/saw nothing from Craig.

While I'm impressed with Liberty and MH, the main thrust of the story is on Janet---which is problematic for me. While I've never cared for her, her transformation into a dogmatic pro-lifer after a year as a free-love, put my 16 yr old on the pill, GilmoreGirlslite "adult" to her BFF/daughter isn't convincing.

Damian and Lily---two more rutting pigs in Oakdale.

And Audrey--another case of the focus being on the wrong person in the story. No one GAS about Henry's Mom...they care about Henry. (Okay, I care about him...) and I gnash my teeth at yet another story for him being played as broad comedy. I get that he's good at it---but there's a reason soaps go light on comedy--a little goes a long way.

And I'm vaguely insulted that Babs is being portrayed as so desperate she'd think twice about Henry's assinine "seduction" routine.

One of the few bright spots for me this week has been Maddie's return. AC seems a lot more mature in the role. I did think her busting Audrey was delicious and funny.

• Members

I can totally see where Casey's coming from. Margo just sweeps Adam's misdeeds under the rug, but when he messed up, she was deadset on making him pay for it. (Which, IMO, is kinda sorta excusable, given the fact that Casey's jail time was a "write-out" for Zach Roerig in the role.) Another reason why I think she's been so teary eyed and deadset on clearing Adam's name is for Hal's sake. Maybe she feels like she owes it to Hal to keep Adam out of trouble. Still, though, she could at least explain herself.

Craig doesn't show anything because the way Jon Lindstrom portrays his facial expressions.....in a blank stare.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh!! :angry: Don't get me started on this recycled Damian/Lily/Holden crap love triangle.

.............and it only gets worse. <_<

• Members

The triangle is good actually the problem is Martha isnt playing Lily. I'd take Heather Rattray as Lily for this triangle this time around but we have Noelle Beck. She is a capable actress but she isnt Lily.

I loved Lucinda on Friday. She was in rare form.

Meg: I bet if I jumped over a cliff u wouldnt lift a finger to save me.

Lucinda: Nah...I'd send Damian right behind you.laugh.gif

Lucinda to Meg: I dont like you!laugh.gif

The big mess is the Nuke storyline. Do gay guys like Noah exist in this world?? The guy is such a wuss... He complains about Mason and runs crying to Luke and then all of sudden he is fine about all the flirting. Why cant Noah just cheat on Luke without telling him everything that happens to him...UGH!!

The Kish story by comparison on Friday was better written with the triangle in that story. Kyle is a better Luke and Fish is a better Noah.

• Members

I guess it's not that I don't understand where she's coming from---she's repeatedly said, "I can't lose another son to jail." I get why Casey's pissed. Not only does she seem to be saying Adam is too good for jail, but now instead of continuing to ride his ass and make him feel like a fluck up (like she's done to Casey since his return) everything Adam does is golden.

Yeah, I agree. To me, Lindstrom always looks like he's wearing a Nixon mask.

I don't really care how unsympathetic TIIC make him, but Rosanna doing this to Carly under these circumstances is inexcusable.

• Members

]To think we could've had a Scott Bryce and Cady romance as Craig and Ro. Instead we got Linderstorm....UGH!! Why fire Bryce when Linderstorm is playing nice Craig as well?? Linderstorm and McClain have zero chemistry.

As to Babs and Henry...the whole story is pure camp.

I am thinking Barbara gets the upper hand where this story is concerned.

I am just glad Margo has a storyline. I hope Adam isnt gone!!

• Members

I wonder why they didn't hire Block back when he was available. Only he could get away with being slimy, snarky Craig and have chemistry with West and McClain. Flashback to 2005 to when I first heard that Block and McClain were being let go due to budget cuts--I simply thought they would reconcile, remarry and leave town. That's when I thought TPTB still had some decency in them.

• Members

I don't know if he got away with it or not -- the character was destroyed, and I don't think he has ever recovered, in spite of the attempts in his first few years to prop him and drag other characters down for his benefit. Craig doesn't work as a character who is completely unable to show emotion beyond contempt. Then they just ruined him even more because he had to be the foil for the Lusty storyline, and because Sheffer has no idea how to sustain a character. I would still rather believe that Craig didn't even exist, but then, character assassination is par for the course on soaps now.

• Members

GAWD in HELL, NO!! I wouldn't want Block back under any circumstances. I think it's a real toss-up as to which of them sucks worse. At least Block acted like he was in on the joke...Lindstrom is so mercilessly earnest in his "Craig's reformed" spiel, it's annoying.

Archived