Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

1. The Towers was built in 1990 and was the subject of a dispute between Roger and Billy. Billy won that fight by tricking Roger into burning a signed document. 

2) I don't think anyone lived in Ross' house before but Ross moved into that house with his then-wife Carrie Todd in 1981 and then was used continuously until 2003.

3) I believe so, yes. But someone can confirm that one. 

Edited by Dan

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did Ben and Eve live in the house before Ross?  Or Ben and Amanda?

I’m also seeing Jennifer in that house???

And Reva Bend, later owned by Holly—same set?

Storylines I remember, but sets are difficult. 

I do recall last seeing Ed’s living room during a confrontation between Danny, Michele and Carmen, possibly the last one. Ed’s house had a very distinctive Spanish mission style. After that, I think the set vanished. 

• Members

That set was very old by that time. Ed and Rita moved in...when?  1977?  That set was almost 25 years old. 

I don’t think any soap set outlasted the Stewart living room on ATWT—40+ years—which endured until the end, although I don’t recall the very last time I saw it, but Susan somehow lived there with Alison. 

• Members

Right before Rauch left in January of that year he "refreshed" all the sets, including the Bauer living room, which at Christmas of that year looked great. I think we MAY have seen it during Wheeler once, when those stinky ass Coopers moved in to stink up the joint with their...stink.  I do know that Jeva's house..(formerly Vanessa's ) was falling apart when Wheelie too over so maybe the Bauer living room did too, and I know it was HUGE so most likely they couldn't show it.

Reva bend became Holly;s house but they showed her buying it..how it suddenly became the farm....

• Members

I believe you are right, the Stewart house on ATWT was almost certainly the oldest set on daytime (probably around 45 years) until the Horton house on DOOL surpassed it.  Both had been rebuilt several times and gone through a few minor changes, but essentially were the same for all those years.   

• Members

SO good seeing them. Maeve looks the same. 

Bryan looks great (he lives in Tampa! lol I had to laugh at "it's getting hot" yep ... Florida summer has arrived). 

Didn't know Gina had family in Florida.

Edited by KMan101