Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am in the minority here but I hated Cullen..she was so drab.  I loved Poser but like Marj's Alex, it was a completely different character.  As I said, I think she would have made a great character different from Amanda and had the same storyline..maybe she WAS a Malibu Madame who made enough money to buy huge chunks of Spaulding stock...(maybe they had  a lube factory somewhere..) or just a grifter who had an affair with Matt while married to a rich guy who owned ton of Spaulding stock and he mysteriously dies and Matt and she are implicated somehow..then it would come out that Matt was someone who conned  and bilked older rich women in another life, leading Van to question their relationship..which in my GL world would lead Matt sleeping with Blake not Rick, and her being preggers with just his kid. However, if casting for Amanda someone like Nancy Lee Graham, who is convincing as a smart biz woman.

What I would like know is what was McTavish's orginal plan for this storyline? Originally Roger said to Vannessa that no matter what, Alan always cowed to Alex, and that she must have something on him.

• Members

Thanks!

Honestly this was a very good reunion! 

As usual, the people I want to listen to are the ones who are more silent (Garrett, Kinkaed, Aleksander and this time... Watros).

It's funny that Zimmer texted Locher for all the previous reunions, but not this time.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Zimmer and Watros definitely had some type of love/hate relationship going on. Zimmer did admit she was a bit jealous at one point, and she wasn't happy that Reva sometimes came off as an idiot in the story with Annie. 

Not sure about LW, but LW should be grateful she got to play Zimmer's sister for so long. Her work has definitely been very inspired by Ms. Zimmer. 

• Members

THIS

And personally I can't see LW and KZ meshing well as people. They seem very different yet also kind of similar in many ways (another example, like how Chappell and Zimmer are a lot alike in terms of their personality and didn't get along). But time changes things. I think Watros appreciated Zimmer but Zimmer was jealous. She was 'the star' (no doubt Paul Rauch feeding her ego) and Watros was getting a lot of the spotlight and Reva was written either nasty or stupid. I can see it. 

• Members

The cool thing about Zimmer is that she can..in hindsight, admit fault.  I do think that she sees and appreciates talent but it had to have been hard to have Watros looking at her best, getting so much screen time and fun stuff to do and getting accolades. I think it also hurt her that the Annie story got more attention then the year previously when Reva came back from the dead.  It also was a time that Kimmer was aging and while looking good was a 20 something babe anymore in Rauchie's sexist GL with all the younger babes like Watros and Chamberlin running around. At the time she gave an interview where she had to say something like "Tsk, tsk Cassie" and she said..."They are indeed turning me into Bert Bauer." Plus Zimmer comes off as someone who just gets along with guys better.

Wright was very very aggressive and ambitious and wanted Cassie to always be in the spolight and in the right, (the famous interview where she would go drinking with B & E and suggest changes and story.) I always thought they should have written Cassie closer to Wright, a bitch that could cut you if she didnt get her own way.  Chappel, well she had problems with GA and I loved Liv but she could be a backstabber when she needed to be. Im on team Zimmer on that one.

• Members

Zimmer is a spotlight hog...hence her sticking her nose in all these lives..etc.

In regards to Watros, I think it was on Zimmer's side...more so than Watros.

With wright..seems like 2 peas in a pod.  Early Cassie had more edge and should have stayed that way.  To me...Wrights best role was ally on Loving/ The city.