Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Same.  No offense to Signy Coleman or her fans, but I don't believe she was the best fit for recast Annie.  They would have been much better off bringing her on as a new and altogether different character.

And maybe have Holly's brother, Ken, empathize with her and form some sort of father/daughter-type bond with her as she faced the consequences of her actions.

• Members

The strangest thing I remember Coleman said she specifically mentioned she asked if her character was going to be an Annie recast since she had gotten a leak but Rauch & Co. told her absolutely not! The old Dennis Parlato bait and switch tactic GL was using obviously. 

• Members

All of this. 

I mean, seriously all of us sitting here can do a better job ... just sayin'

And yes on Signy. She should have been a new character, I liked her on the show but no to Annie. Wasn't it ultimately meant as shock value she was Annie because they likely had no idea what to do with Teri? Or am I mis-remembering. Because that's how it came across.

This sort of answers my confusion on her role. I really don't buy she was meant to be Annie from the start but who knows?

• Members

Trying to recast Annie was a dumb idea - the character had served her purpose and Cynthia was too known for the role, as it had not even been a full year since her exit, if memory serves. I thought Signy did her best, but should have been a new character. 

• Members

You're probably right, but like the Parlato bait and switch I could so believe Rauch & Co. lying to Coleman in her face about not being an Annie recast after she inquired if she was.

Didn't Coleman's Annie leave town with Tom Wiggin's character after her oddball plot to kidnap and become Lizzie's mother went up in smoke? It was such a weird ending all the while the San Cristobel story was ramping up they made it the C-story of the week.