Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

First and foremost, can I just say that it warmed my heart to see Maeve Kinkead again. I miss her presence on TV so much. It was good to see Bryan, Kurt, and Gina too, but Maeve warmed my heart. I loved watching her tear up over William Roerick. 

That aside, I am feeling blessed b/c I get my Danny and real Michelle reunion!!!!

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think to a lot of GL fans of that era (I am including myself in this), they are more likely to ask Meryl Streep what it's like to have Maeve Kinkead as a sister in law. 

You can see a tiny bit of them here around 29 minutes. It's always seemed odd to me as well.

• Members

Did Jennifer and Morgan live in it before Ross and Carrie?  Jennifer kept something hidden behind a stone in the fireplace, right?

Some of the kids moved into the house before that set was retired—Marah, etc. Then they quickly started living in an old museum with hidden passages in it leading into the Carrie Carruthers story. 

• Members

Hmm, maybe J and M lived there.  The stone hid Brandon's will right, or something about Amanda's true parentage.  I remember scene after scene of characters sitting in front of the fireplace with their hand on the stone..hokey, but the kind of hokey I love on soaps.

Speaking of..is there anyway they could have saved the Amanda is Brandon's daughter storyline? I mean, for starters it was dumb as Poser was younger then GA so how could it have happened. But is there anyway Brandon could have been her father..didn't the original will leave all of Spaudling to Amanda? I would have kept it as Alan was the father and then have all three kids take the place of the tired Alan vs. Alex storyline but I can see why a writer would find that interesting.

• Members

Oh.  My bad.  LOL.

But, if you notice, Meryl appears to be leaning AWAY from Maeve. 

Please register in order to view this content

The only two options were to 1) ignore it or 2) reveal that someone (most likely, Alexandra) faked the proof that Amanda was really Brandon's daughter.  Otherwise, the retcon was just...unnecessary.

Edited by Khan

• Members

So unnecessary.  It invalidates the previous storyline, which was superior.  Jennifer’s reactions would’ve been far different if Brandon as a possible babydaddy had been an option. 

And the birth certificate that Alexandra possessed stated “Jennifer Richards” was Amanda’s mother, right?  “Jennifer” was not her name at the time. It was Jane Marie Stafford. “Richards” was her later married name.  Lazy, lazy use of history. 

Who would you have cast as Amanda at the time other than Kathleen Cullen or Toby Poser?  I’m thinking that Jackie Schultz could’ve been age appropriate and interesting, especially if Geraldine Court had returned for a guest appearance. I could see them as mother/daughter. 

Now I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole and I can’t stop thinking about Eve’s creepy stalker, Uncle Chet Stafford, who wanted Eve out of his niece Amanda’s way!