Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I do not remember reading anything specific in the daytime press at the time about why she left. Personally, I would have kept her around and tried to use her; same with Holly. At least in that era we did get several new, interesting and viable characters to watch. So often on soaps, when veteran characters are axed, they are replaced by pointless and irrelevant non-entities who, themselves don't last very long before being shown the door. Exhibit A: Nina Laemmle's tenure on DAYS.

• Members

Peggy's son Johnny could have been aged and taken the place of Kelly, who was a retconned character (Ed's godson?)

Fran's Peggy could be living out of town and Johnny would naturally stay with the Bauers, who raised Peggy.

Peggy could visit from time to time.

When did Fran start writing soaps?

• Members

Someone claiming to be Jarrod Ross (Philip Spaulding #1) is on Youtube. They put up a short video from a GL episode. It's an episode that was already available (April 13, 1979). Anyway, if anyone wanted to try to get in contact with him about whether he has any episodes or wants to talk with him about his time on GL (if it's him), here is the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3hM1LJmOo7cytj2_k4G-Ig/videos

• Members

I happened to stumble onto YouTube this morning and I saw that Alan Locher has another reunion planned for next Tuesday on April 21 at 3pm ET. 

The line up this time is impressive 

Maeve Kinkead

Jordan Clarke

Kurt McKinney 

Gina Tognoni 

Bryan Buffinton 

• Members

Now that would've been great if Wendy joined the party. Gina and Bryan never had scenes together as siblings. I would love it if Alan gets Peter Simon, Ellen Parker, Rachel Miner, Melissa Hayden and Morgan Englund together again via YouTube. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Bryan Buffington was so little and cute when I watched GL live. I can't believe he turned 40 earlier this month. Yikes, where has the time gone.

Kimberly Simms was the only Mindy I saw live; the two after her I saw online. I've often wondered what happened to her acting career. Her name was mentioned in the soap press as a potential recast for some big roles in the mid-1990s (Jennifer on Days, Ashley on Y&R, Vicky on Another World) but nothing ever came of it.