Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was good to see them. There was talk of Cherita... A Michael Zaslow mention.....it was OK.....when asked about terrible writing....Grant wanted to spill tea but didn't.....Beth mentioned one actor who complained about the writing to which Beverly McKinsey told him/her to stop complaining and say/act what was on the script. 

Tina mentioned the Loreil(sp?) story and how dumb it pretty much was. 

Beth mentioned one actor arriving drunk and couldn't remember their lines.

• Members

Alan started laughing when Grant disappeared from his screen as bad writing was mentioned. 

ATWT first chat had the most views but those on were better and so was GL today. I doubt many cared about Trent or Terri. Colleen pretty much didn't get along with anyone in the cast..lol.....and Ellen was not my favorite Margo.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I just finished seeing the replay of today's video and it wasn't bad but I felt as if things didn't quite gel at times. Michael O'Leary is always good for a laugh or two, especially when he was talking about filming "love" scenes and I got the sense that the ones with Beth were the most uncomfortable. Grant and Michael have such an easygoing bond.  I liked the anecdotes about Beverly McKinsey and Charita Bauer and the Bauer 4th of July tapings. It just seemed like there wasn't enough time to really get into it but I do appreciate the fact that everyone was given a chance to talk about what they've been up to, etc.

I can't really complain because it's not like I'm paying the cost of admission but if it were me, organizing these events, I'd really try to get a mix in there, actors who don't see each other all that much or get a chance to talk. I think that's why the 1st ATWT, in particular sparked so well.

Also, why not shoot for the moon? Ask Melina Kanakaredes if she's available for an hour. Ask Nia Long. For ATWT., heck, ask Julianne Moore, why not? What's the worst they can say? No. Get a good mix of folks, some shockers in there. Spice it up, lol.

Please register in order to view this content

Haha, y'all are rough @victoria foxton and @Soapsuds

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I would love to see groupings of 

Peter Simon 

Maeve Kinkead

Ellen Parker 

Jordan Clarke 

Jean Carol or Denise Pence 

Nia Long

Morgan Englund

Melissa Hayden 

Jocelyn Seagrave

Monti Sharp 

Frank Dicopoulos

Melina Kanakredes 

Rick Hearst

Amelia Marshall 

Sherry Springfield 

• Members

Havent watched it yet..but would love to see a new one with iconic couples. as someone mentioned up thread Peter Simon and Ellen Parker (would love to hear what they had to say about JFP and Mo's death) Maeve Jordon and yes, Kurt, O'Leary and Krista, Or just them and Lisa Brown who would have no trouble giving her opinion I am sure!

I would also love to see some writers involved, but only if they could spill about producers the net and why storyline changed and what they loved or hate about them. Most of them are going to be still in the industry so they dont want to burn bridges. The ulitimate would be to have Pam Long and Nancy Curlee!

• Members

Another reunion planned for Wednesday April 29. However, I don't think many people will be too excited on here with the lineup. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-guiding-light-reunion-planned/

From SOD 

Crystal Chappell (ex-Olivia), Jessica Leccia (ex-Natalia), Michelle Ray Smith (ex-Ava) Frank Dicopoulos (ex-Frank) and E.J. Bonilla (ex-Rafe)

Edited by Forever8