Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually a good episode in a bad time for GL..Love Alan and Alex snarking, the ridiculous soap drama at the wedding, and them finally showing Kyle for what he is...(why is Ed one of his groomsman?) and typical drama queen Reva..going for a picturesque stroll in her wedding dress (this was real Reva, not the weird thing she became under Rauch.) This was filmed near Peapack too so it shows that the place can actually look good. 

• Members

Reva being stood up at her wedding, walking around the countryside like Scarlett  O’Hara with a Dionne Warwick song blaring, then getting hit by a car with newly returned Josh being the one to save the day? Just classic. Absolutely classic.

I too enjoyed the Alex/Alan scenes from watching. Poor Mindy though, although I didn’t remember what a gap there was between Kurt leaving Springfield and Kurt’s death. 

• Members

I got to say, the way the character of Phillip was quickly able to organically migrate  from lead romantic hero to somewhat unlikable cad (in order to pave the way to a successful Beth/Lujack pairing) was a testament to GA's acting more than anything else.

Edited by heffos

• Members

She was Beth's friend but have no idea who the actress is. Damn, everyone is so young and looking good here..Ross is a piece of a** here and Billy was actually looking handsome in his hat. I loved the sick obsession Billy had with Reva and Zimmer is so good here, not the scenery chewer of later days...I love Van's cool shade she give Jeva but Maeve is not very good in the "Oh Billy" scene! Yea, not really liking Phillip turning into a pr*ck here, the triangle could have gone on without him being the bad guy. 

• Members

Tanya Peterson    dated Rick; friend of the "Four Musketeers" 

Hilary Edson    1983-84

Barbara Ring    1984-88

from the GL Cast list thread page 120

Edson went on to appear in other soaps

HILARY EDSON

GUIDING LIGHT          Tanya Peterson           1983-84

GENERAL HOSPITAL      Tanya Roskov Jones     1984-87

ANOTHER WORLD         Stacey Winthrop Singleton    1989-91

GUIDING LIGHT          Dr. Eve Guthrie   (Wyland)     1992-95 

Appeared in two episodes of TITANS as Barbara in 2018