GH: September Discussion

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I thought that was brutal! Yeah, let's pull out a real gun at a carnival. But since Jason is a "good mobster" it was play for jokes.

I thought the montage was awful. I too thought the ending was going to be better but it sucked royally. Maybe Wed's ep will be better since that's when we'll see the accident. The build up was pretty bad but I guess the aftermath is what's important.

• Members

One decent day on GH and it gets ruined. This whole carnival is for 3 days of footage? That's it? How utterly boring. Typical GH. How is it possible to do an event worse than the toxic balls crap back in Feb/March. Leave it to GH they win.

And yeah I am bored with Jason and Sam and no I don't find them cute and I already see Sam reverting back to her whiney self with Jason.

Nik/Liz/Rebecca/whoever - sorry it's not hot, intersting, different it's boring too. Lucky is the man and these 3 suck. Someone needs to show Tyler Christopher what it means to play dark by showing him some old Stefan/SN footage. SN was utterly brilliant as Stefan played the tortured, bruting Stefan. Wake up Tyler, dark doesn't mean mean and obnoxious.

Spinelli - someone shoot the character. He's used up and pointless and his Spinisms are way way over.

Sonny and his women - old news and tiresome. Lord help me but I'd ever take Sonny and Emily back over this drivel.

Carly and Jax are SOOO predictable and boring. Can I say please free Jax. Lord I can't stand them. There is no soapiness to them at all.

Patrick and RObin - yeah they were adorable on Friday but I'm sure they'll be back to their boring bubble soon

Lulu - please dump her. No chem with any male.

Maxie - kill her off please

AND FIND LUCKY A HOT CHICK.

Yeah I honestly didn't think I could hate Jasam more than I did the first time. I hated Sam then and loved her in revenge mode against Jason and with Lucky. She was firey and independent. Now SSDD with Jason. I cannot stand them together at all. I Jason sucks as a romantic lead. How Sam could leave Lucky and go back to this tool is beyond me. The show expects me to buy this crap. Thank goodness their big reunion and love scene did zip for ratings not that I think it would, but they have promoted this boring ass couple to death in promos, magazine covers for what. The same 1.8 ratings they have been getting all year.

• Members

GH did spend a lot of money for a 3 to 4 day parking lot carnival with lots of extras and it isn't interesting as usual. I was desperately hoping that Spinelli would be gunned down. No luck.

JaneAusten, you know that I agree about Lucky. Even on a soap, it is not believable that Liz and Rebecca rather be crushed by the Pillsbury Dough Boy or that Sam rather sex up an exp​ressionless mob hitman than have hot passionate sex with Lucky. Guza has got to resent of GV's hotness. I find Jason intolerable no matter who he is with.

Patrick and Robin were quite adorable. They have another mystery coming up which Guza will neglect.

Sonny and his multiple true loves from Benson hurst. Blech.

You watched in the 80s so you might remember Jason as a baby. He is Alan Quartermaine's son from a fling with Susan Moore. Jason had a brain damage and became Sonny's mob enforcer, a murderer.

No one is seeing or understanding Nikolas' revenge plot against Rebecca. You are definitely not missing much there.

Same goes for the mob violence. It always comes out of nowhere.

The promo always promises more than the show delivers which is why the extra viewers bail after.

• Members

I am sure the revenge plot is being used to garner sympathy for the Rebecca character but perhaps if we had an inkling on what is going on it would make sense. I'd honestly be all over Rebecca going all Annie Lavery on Nikolas to add some spark to this. Hell let her literally turn herself into Emily, dye the hair and all and go batshit crazy and try to kill he and Liz. It might actually be entertaining. And for Liz and Nikolas fans, hate the story and find it totally not believable. I have no idea why they didn't try Nik and Liz when Emily was off and dead and Lucky was with Sam. No clue. They'd rather do this mess with Nikolas going "dark" if that's what you call it. Stupid.

Sam Sam Sam Sam. I'm afraid I'll go back to hating Sam again now that she's back with the master of suck, Jason. She loses all her independence with him. I want her back with Lucky. They were hot and pretty and fun together. God forbid GH have any of this.

And someone on this show smarten up and break up that ridiculous Spixie pairing. Lord they are beyond annoying.

Another waste of money for GH as far as I'm concerned/

• Members

Personally, I find the carnival scenes well-directed. This is miles better than the Toxic Balls, c'mon! I love it when they use the ensemble cast weaving in and out of the story this way. LOVE anything with that sleazoid Coleman and the Davis girls, too. Coleman perving on anything in a skirt makes me laugh.

However, I must concur about Lucky. Tyler and Steve Burton are about to bust out of their jeans here. Meanwhile, Hottie McHotness is all tanned and fresh and dressed in white. Yum.

Lulu is the Anti-Chemistry. I know everybody is all "Wow, she's Genie Francis's spitting image" but whereas GF brought warmth and feeling to her role, I just get a mega wall of blank from JMB. Emmy winner or no.

Sam being flirty and breathy with Jason makes my brain itch. Cringe!

I do like Maurice Benard's interaction with the actors playing his kids. I don't think I've seen Mo look so alive in scenes since, like, 2003. But telling Olivia how honored he was to have relieved her of her virginity "back in Bensonhurst"? Barfworthy. And random! If any guy said that to me today, I would be backing away from him, fast.

LMAO @ In the Air Tonight. And at Edward's "speeding"car, which must have been going a whopping 5 mph.

• Members

I wish for once one of the female writers on the GH staff would go into Guza's office, close the door, and explain to him that other than rabid Jason and Nikolas fans, women drool and fantasize over men who look like Lucky. We like our soap men handsome and in shape. I can't imagine Phelps tolerating a female actress ballooning up in weight like that.

I would love for Rebecca to go bsc and try to kill Nikolas and Liz, only for them to find out that she is Emily. After she is cured, she and Lucky can hook up, get custody of those kids, make Liz and Nik's lives hell forever. Now this story I would enjoy.

I am ready for Spinelli to die so Maxie can be freed. I can't take him any more.

• Members

The problem with this arc is it's a total of 3 days. 3 days for all this and then *crickets.

JMB I never get the appeal. She's not a bad actress but her chemistry with her male costars sucks. And they continue to force pairings on her. She's been on the show for 4 years and first Lulu/Dillon, Lulu/Spin in a way, Lulu/Logan, Lulu/Johnny, now Lulu/Dante. Not one has caught fire and I don't see Lulu/Dante doing that either. It's time to cut the cord with JMB and accept it just doesn't work.

Greg Vaughan my darling. Goto Days where they actually like good looking men shirtless and use them in stories.

• Members

I have been craving for Rebecca to turn into Emily and not the good sweet nauseating Emily but a changed person who destroys Nikolas and Liz and hooks up with Lucky. I think NL is a challenged actress(not good) but saddling her with TC again wasn't a challenge at all and they continually watered her character down to try and make them work. I always felt Melissa Claire Egan on AMC was awful until they changed Annie to be nuts and I love her now.

Having Nikolas yet again win in another triangle or quad is predictable as usual. Nik/Emily/Zander, Nik/Emily/Courtney, who really believes Nik/Liz/Lucky will result in Liz and Lucky ending up together? Not me.

• Members

On GH, there are no real triangles because you can predict that Guza's pet will always get the woman or man. Lucky never has a shot against fat boys, Jason or Nik. Liz has no chance against Rebecca/Emily or Sam. No guy (read Johnny) has a chance against Sonny. Matt and Johnny have no shot against Spinelli for Maxie or Dante for Lulu. And it goes on and on.

I don't even think that the triangle is Nik/Liz/Lucky. It is Rebecca/Nik/Liz. Lucky is an afterthought.

• Members

Yeah I agree. Lucky is getting no focus in any of this to think he's a major factor. Rebecca and Ethan have actually gotten more than Lucky. And for once I would love to see the pet lose. I'd love to see Rebecca as Emily and kick Nikolas to the curb along with her BFF Liz and take up with Lucky. But that might be interesting. I have a theory on why they are not hooking Rebecca and Lucky up. Because during Jiz, LuSam got more support and empathy than Jiz did.

• Members

I think that you are right about the Liz/Jason/Sam/Lucky quad. While I think TPTB like controversy, Guza prefers to dictate to the audience who they should like and with a few exception it usually works. I don't for a second think that Guza expected that quad to receive such disparate reactons. He ruined Sam and Lucky to make Jason and Liz work and they had lots of fans, but more than Guza expected. I think that he was even more shocked that so many people supported and liked Lucky and Sam although he barely wrote for them as a couple. Initially, the Liz/Nik/Rebecca/Lucky quad was clearly going with a Rebecca/Lucky pairing, but Guza changed in mid-stream. In part to give Teethan a story for the summer with his boyfriend away, but I think also because Rebecca and Lucky were already getting some positive buzz and he wanted to nip that in the bud. Based on what the actors say, it is obvious that they check out the soap boards and pay attention to their mail, they are very aware of fan reaction. I don't think that fan reaction makes Guza write differently, he still does what he wants, but it makes him try harder to herd a substantial part of the audience in the direction that he wants them to go.

Archived