GH: September Discussion

• Members

It's an entire page of Nik bashing :) I have paid more attention to this than I have to the storyline. I have never gotten the Nik/Liz vibe and I still don't, and I don't see any chemistry between them. I really think Rebecca Herbst needs a new love interest, a brand new character to the show. Lucky and Liz are long gone and I don't think she can ever be with Jason again either.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While Alexis hasn't had lasting success in the relationship department, none of her relationships have been abusive, unless Guza retcons something about Alexis having some abusive relationship in her youth.

I assumed they were trying to go for Kristina's lack of a father figure and feeling neglected by Sonny was the cause of her falling for someone like Kerifer. Since Kristina's always going on about how Sonny doesn't care for her or wants anything to do with her, and how relieved and happy she looked yesterday when Sonny was at the hospital with her, since she thought he wouldn't be there or wouldn't care enough to be there with her.

Molly, even though she's younger, seems to be a lot more like Alexis. Kristina screams of mini-Sam. The actress that plays Kristina is very talented though.

• Members

On an aesthetics note, I love the way those black and white flashback scenes when Michael remembers what Claudia and Jax confessed to him during his coma are shot, and the music that usually accompanies them.

On the Nik/Liz/Lucky crap, I really hate how Lucky is always made to be some idiot and how he's always the last to know about everything. He's so Guza's new AJ, I think Guza genuinely hates this character and only keeps him around to say he didn't kill off Luke and Laura's first born.

Whatever brains Lucky had left with Jonathan Jackson.

• Members

Lucky is the new A.J., but it is even worse for him now that Ric is gone. Guza has so many pets on the canvas who need propping so Lucky is getting dumped on from all angles. He is getting it from Luke, Ethan and Nikolas.

Kiefer isn't treating Kristina much differently than Sonny has treated his women over the years so it can't be the lack of a father in her life that is causing her to put up with Kiefer.

• Members

Just had to comment really quick to say I really enjoyed the carnival, the whole event was pretty exciting. I love GH is produced in HD, really had the set come alive with all the rides going on.

Poor Jake :( It was really touching moment when Jason found him and afterwards he was walking out. What really sucked was when he found Liz/Nik kissing (who I'm on the fence about, but I think they have good chemistry.) Don't get me started on Jason and Sam :mad:

I'm really glad the whole Michael shooting-secrets are being revealed this week/into next. I'm kind of hoping the house of cards fall down on Claudia.

• Members

It's the "BEcky Herbst is a chemistry magnet" that bothers me. I don't see any greatness with her and lord after being on a soap for what 13 years, I would hope she has a fan following but I don't find her interesting or compelling on screen. I'd watch Sarah Brown or Kelly Monaco over her anyday. I know she has fans so I respect that. I thought she and SBu were anti chemistry and completely boring together, I only enjoyed her with Ric Hearst. I think she and GV are pretty together and could actually work if the show wrote for them. TC is anti chem with anyone other than the woman he was sleeping with in real life at the time. He's like JMB. Good with family stuff terrible with romance.

• Members

I don't think BH is a chemistry magnet either, I never saw any chemistry with Steve Burton and that relationship only worked because it was never actually a relationship. I don't see a lot of chemistry with Greg Vaughan, and zero with Tyler Christopher. She was good with Ric Hearst and good with Jonathan Jackson. I don't remember her with Zander. Jacob Young sucked.

I just think even though she's not a chemistry magnet, as she's a popular character who could use a fresh story, they should find someone new for her.

• Members

There are lots of popular characters on GH who could use a fresh story. I'd pimp Jane Elliot and Nancy Lee Grahn over Becky anyday and also Kimberly McCullough. I'd even take Natalia Livingston with a better acting partner over Becky and also Kelly Monaco I adore her. I do think GH and their infatuation with new characters has hurt them. They and Jason and Sonny get all the main stories. Everyone else gets scraps. And my theory as to why she worked with JJ and RiH. 2 exceptional actors. RiH can carry a weak acting partner. She can't.I thought Chad Brannon(Zander) was really good and was able to elevate even Natalia Livingston to be decent on screen. He and Becky were good, I liked he and Tamara Braun in their short time on screen too, but I attribute that to him.

• Members

I have never got seen Becky Herbst as a chem magnet either. I always take or leave her. Lucky and Liz are not important enough for Guza to find or hire new love interests for either one which is why I see them back together by next year. She will have her eye on another man having relationship problems soon enough. She missed Patrick during Robin's PPD and he hasn't cheated on Robin yet so he may be next on the list. There is also Jax. I have to think that his relationship with Carly will explode when all the he secrets that he has been keeping come out.

• Members

They can leave Becky with Tyler and move Natalia over to Ingo once they make her Emily. Becky at least has been afforded other love interests unlike Greg. I loved he and Kelly Monaco together and that I know was an accident.

Perhaps getting a new screen partner and love interest after 6 years will help Natalia's acting. She may be playing herself more now on screen, but I've enjoyed her stuff with John Ingle and actually Nathan Parsons this week more than anything I have enjoyed her over the past 6 months with TC.

I think Ingo is terrific and has succeeded in every pairing he's had. I have a soft spot for Natalia because she's been stuck in the vortex of TC for years and I think she actually was better with Chad and actually acting opposite Steve Burton at times than she's been with anyone. Mo not so much. But he only seems to bring it on with Steve and Nancy these days along with the kids he's been pretty good.

I'd love to see Kimberly McCullough get more. IMO she is the only one I see Steve Burton really bring it on for. He's not been bad with Kelly Monaco but there is something special about he and Kimberly together on screen.

• Members

No way is Liz getting to keep Nik. Guza is not going to saddle Nik with her two kids. Same way that Lucky had no chance of keeping Sam although they were good together. Emily/Rebecca is stuck with Nik for the long haul, not even Ethan who is a also pet will be able to save her. For some incomprehensibility reason, the writers cannot see Nik without Emily. TC admitted this and it certainly seems true. IMO, one solution would be to recast the role of Nikolas. See if Stephen Martines would return. If not, send Nikolas away for awhile.

Since Robin is my favorite character, I would love for her to get more story, but the only way that would happen is if she was back with Jason and I don't want her in his orbit ever again. He sucks the life out of his love interests by the end. I hated how Robin was treated during their second romance. The only way I could ever buy Robin with Jason again is if he becomes Jason Quartermaine again and leaves the mob, Sonny, and Carly behind. If Jason did that, I would be happy for Robin to drop Patrick like a hot potato and have a romance with guilt ridden tormented Jason. I like the idea of Robin investigating these mysteries because it brings back wonderful Scorpio/Devane/Jones/Donnelly memories, but if the first one is anything to go by, they all will be poorly written and neglected for stretches.

• Members

I'm torn on Robin. I've hated her for a couple of years now but the past week I've seen shades of the Robin I adored. I'm just not into she and Patrick. They can't write them in an interesting fun way consistantly. Jason is a cancer I agree and we will never see Jason Quartermaine ever again. I think Lucky may be the only other man I wouldn't mind seeing her with. He's kind, admirable, and loves kids. And he also has the Spencer history they could bring to the surface.

Ugh. I really want this Nik and Liz stuff to me more than just an affair. I was hoping the show was invested. I really dislike Nikolas or TC's version, and don't get me wrong I am no Natalia cheerleader I just think working with him has stifled her. I really don't know how she'd be with anyone else because other than Mo who tanks most of his pairings, I haven't seen her with anyone else. I know I enjoyed her with Chad and Steve Burton more than I ever did with TC. I even enjoyed a lot of her stuff with Becky. TC sucks the life out of everyone on screen. I include that poor actress who played Nadine who was actually kind of cute and could have made a good match for Lucky. With Nikolas she was dreadful.

• Members

I have enjoyed Robin investigating this mystery with Patrick adoring her and tagging along. If they get more airtime for the upcoming mysteries, I can deal. Frankly, I prefer Patrick to be seen and not heard from much though I think that JT does a good job giving his badly written character some depth. Lucky and Robin would be interesting as a romantic couple, but Guza hates Lucky which means even less airtime for Robin.

I have never adjusted to the princess Emily played by NL. It is such a far cry from the troubled tough quirky Emily played by Amber Tamberlyn. ITA that NL's Emily worked best with Zander. She seemed to be coming into her own, but of course, the pecking order must be served on GH. Nikolas is the one of two characters that Guza created that lasted for over a decade so Zander did not stand a chance.

Archived