GH: September Discussion

• Administrator

Walk of pain....that's a better description. And yes, he was so pathetic. :lol:

Mark Teschner's so gotta win Best Casting at next year's Emmys.

Is she a good or bad ADA? What's her story?

Ah, I just IMDB her and she's played by Cara Pifko! I've seen her on Canadian television even though I never watched her series, except for an episode of "Our Her" which I thought she was so cute in.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wednesday's GH looked AWESOME in HD. Really, GH is looking so cinematic on my HDTV these days, it has really stepped up its game since the HD switch.

I thought the montage in the beginning of the episode was very well done, and the actual car crash scenes were very well directed. They're still not crediting a location director, so I'm guessing the main director, Scott McKinsey, did all this in Wednesday's episode. Kudos to him.

I :rolleyes: at Jason's "walk of pain."

I thought Becky Herbst did a good job in this episode though.

The girl playing Molly was great, as was the boy playing Morgan. GH probably has the best young cast in daytime right now, there's not a weak link among them. The only bad part is that they're all related to Sonny in some way.

GH has all the right elements to be a great show again if Guza would just cut back on the mob, not make the hospital "stories" so isolated, and balance the cast usage.

I think this would be a good submission for directing and drama series at next year's Emmy's too. No one out-stunts JFP, and they spent a ton of money constructing that carnival set and it was directed by a team of eight cameras.

• Members

Since I started watching again, I've noticed he always walks like he's in severe pain. His arms are extended and looks like it hurts him to walk or move. Not a good look. Lay off on the workouts. You don't have to be a bodybuilder to be sexy and in his case it's not doing him any favors.

My problem with GH the past few years is that overall, neither the mob or hospital stories were that compelling. You had some good characters mixed with a lot of awful newbies in mediocre stories. It was a disaster. Now the cast is more solid that it's been in ages and at least the mob stories are good. Now they need to focus on boosting the hospital/law enforcement characters and giving them good story. I think Andrea Floyd was a GREAT addition. Someone who could give Alexis and Robin hell for years, but they got rid of her way too soon. I would've loved seeing her marry Edward to keep him quiet about the murder. Something. Just seemed like a waste to kill her.

Overall I'm enjoying this carnival, but the choice of deaths or even injured parties is odd. We all know Kristina is going to live and I strongly doubt she'll have any major long term (or even the soapy short-long term illnesses). They're not going to reveal the Dante secret, so where's the drama in that? Andrea was killed before her time. Boring. None of the A-listers were majorly hurt. It's sad because unlike most GH stunts, they actually had properly build up the stories to an event like this.

I look forward to seeing more Edward!

• Members

I'm usually not all for adding newbies to any show, especially teens. But they need some new teen/younger characters that aren't related to Sonny.

Michael could use a love interest, and I surely hope Guza doesn't decide one day that the since Michael and Kristina aren't really related, he can pair them romantically. It other words, pulling a Bradley Bell.

That on the run story Michael and Kristina had over the summer isn't a story that's supposed to be given to two people who think think they're siblings, it should be given to young lovers.

• Members

I couldn't stand Andrea Floyd from day one so hurray for me she's gone.

Jason's pathetic walk seemed like 5 minutes :rolleyes: I don't feel a bit sorry for the deadbeat.

Kudos to the girl playing Molly, I'm liking her. I only wish RH were still around to interact with her.

So where was JE? On vacay? I would've much preferred Tracy at Edward's bedside. But of course it was Rebecca propping time.

I agree that the mob shootout crap with Johnny/Spin was not needed, added nothing, and was just in the damn way.

• Members

GH is paying the price for revolving around Sonny and Jason. Just about all the younger characters are related so now they are stuck.

My problem is that the carnival had no build up. None of the stories culminated in the events that occurred at or after the carnival. So many things made absolutely no sense. Edward was going upstairs to have a rendezvous with his girlfriend so why was he in his car? The car was rolling at barely 2 miles an hour, why were people standing frozen allowing themselves to get hit? Why did Liz and Jason stand there looking at each other as Jake ran off? I did crack up at the guy who was electrocuted. There was no reason for the mob hit and how did they miss Spinelli? Damn. TPTB threw in all sorts of oddities. It was a stunt for sake. If the truth about Dante had come out, then I would have been engaged, instead they are stalling until everyone in town knows the truth except Sonny.

As long as Guza and Phelps are in charge (and they will be until the end), GH will never come together. It will always fall short and the despite all the stunts, the ratings will contiue to fall. I don't care how good the casting is, nothing can overcome the fact that stories are simply weak, even worse they are repetitive.

• Members

I cannot take the credit for "walk of pain." Check out: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rfdM095uiks

It is hilarious.

Nothing much so far. Yesterday was the first time that we saw her for any extended period of time. She showed up one day and confronted Alexis on being professionally compromised by her mob connections. I think she and Mac know that Dante is undercover.

• Members

Dante lying on that hospital gurney, his abs exposed and oiled up, made me wonder if this was a Jill Farren Phelps directive!

So is Johnny going to die? Pity. Just as i was getting to like the character.

Sorry, I like Jason & Liz bonding. TPTB need to stop yanking the chains of Liason fans, though. It's cruel.

Andrea was so randomly... dead, propped up by that car like that.

Is Claudia looking for Kristina to save her? Or to finish the job if she finds her alive?

I gotta say, whoever is directing those outside shoots is doing a great job. It really looks pro and not like "OMG! Daytime goes outdoors!" like it usually does. Also, most of the actors look great in natural sunlight. Sarah Brown looks a lot softer and prettier, so does Natalia, Mo looks a decade younger and Rebecca Herbst is as china-doll beautiful as ever. Everybody looks mega-tanned, though -- like, Mystic Tan-tanned.

Those younger actors -- especially the girl who plays Molly -- are a real find. I was dreading their arrival on the show.

• Members

I thought the beginning recap montage was very well done in Thursday's episode. My only gripe was it lasted for like 3 f.ucking minutes.

I could also care less about Jason and his conflicted feelings.

So, what are they trying to set up with Kristina remembering Claudia's shoes? That Claudia intentionally neglected her and left her to die? I don't get where that is going, since Claudia didn't know where Kristina was located in the wreckage.

So, Michael is remembering bit by bit what Claudia told him when he was in a coma. I love Sarah Brown, but Guza really effected up the Claudia character and she needs to go down hard, but she won't, we all know it. Drew Garrett (Michael) is really talented though.

Did Lulu call Morgan her "cousin" today? :huh: Carly is your cousin dear, not her spawn.

Dante is interesting and so is the actor. I didn't care for the character before, but those scenes with Olivia in the hospital kind of won me over. I'm glad Patrick overheard it too.

But you know Guza will do something like Sonny or one of his henchmen attempting to kill Dante, and Olivia will run in and say, "Sonny, stop, HE'S YOUR SON!" :lol:

Agreed, as I said before, the GH production team has really stepped it up since the HD switch. GH is probably the most cinematic looking show (if you view it on an HDTV) on daytime these days. The direction, the lighting, whenever they show a new set, the outdoor stuff with this carnival thing - all great.

Archived