AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Members

And even if AM decides to relocate or commute, they're going to have to use Kendall a lot less. A first time mother with a newborn does NOT need to be working 5 days a week, 10 hours a day away from her family. This, again, is just all my personal speculation, but it seems as if she worked it out to suit her just right. Not only did she get married last year, but she renegotiated and renewed her contract ensuring her job... two months after she comes back to work, she gets pregnant? To me, it looks like AM and her husband planned it. They got married, secured dual incomes and then got pregnant -- only to be thrown this loop. Not only that, but only given three weeks to think about it and come up with a decision. And for AM, she hasn't even given birth yet, so there's a whole REALM of variables that haven't even been dealt with.

While I still think it's ridiculous to think switching studios (face it, that's all this is -- coasts aside) is going to be THE ULTIMATE DEATH OF ALL MY CHILDREN -- I do think it was dirty pool of ABC to spring it on them and give them 3 weeks to make a permanent decision.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lucci I can understand. But losing Zach and Kendall, ZOMG! This soap has suffered the loss of so many other more popular and tolerable "supercouples." An AMC without Kaye and Minshew is an AMC I could finally watch again (and I wouldn't have to look at a lame red wings jersey every other day, too!).

Leave the lame Prohibition gang on the East Coast!

• Members

AMC has no male actor talented enough to take Canary's place as the anti-hero protagonist. There was a time I thought that Jacob Young could be groomed into the new Chandler patriarch, not any more. Over the years, they have removed J.R.'s spine as he was forced worship at the altar of the Carey women. Zach and Ryan are jokes. Too bad they dumped Petey. He was clever and learning to scheme with Adam. I could see Petey as the next Courtlandt heir pitted against the Chandler heir.

• Members

If Minshew leaves the show, I might just start watching again. She is probably the #1 reason why I can't make it through an entire episode, so her departure would be the best news possible for me. And in a way it would be fitting that it would take the entire show running clear across a continent to escape the worst airhog slash supporting actress in the history of television.

• Members

From the Associated Press Article about Debbi Morgan:

That is, for some of the "All My Children" cast. Debbi Morgan, who has been with the show on and off since 1982, may not make the cross-country trip with her colleagues. Morgan was married just last June, and the couple is still discussing the possibility of pulling up stakes.

"We are going back to the kitchen table because I love, love, love my husband," Morgan said. "I love waking up with him every morning, and going to sleep with him every night. And I love my job."

Would she do a bicoastal commute, as Vanessa Williams did when "Ugly Betty" was filming in Los Angeles.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jABBVc7NOKp7GRF5cDT032TYlf6QD9ADTSUG1

• Members

Pratt has been saying that he is going to give Angie her own big story but it sounds like he is totally BS-ing. He is giving very general statements like "It will have lots of twists and turns" that leave me unconvinced that he has actually developed a story. 50% of Debbi's work on AMC these days is playing Doctor #1 and the other 50% is playing a supporting role in a story centering on Denise Vasi. They certainly have not made it particularly tempting for her to go to LA, unless she needs the money.

Archived