AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Shannon Kane and Natalia so I guess that's good news. But this raises another issue with the "Everyone on contract who wants to go will go" approach: What if Darnell and Debbi and Cornelius decide not to go? TPTB would still take SK?

• Members

She wouldn't have standing? On what planet? If I decided to switch coasts because I was told I would be able to keep my job if I made the move, only to be FIRED because of other people deciding not to move, you bet your sweet ass I'd sue. There's a thing called "breach of contract" for a reason -- and it works on BOTH ends.

• Members

And then my favorite cutie, Bill Christian, could come back as Derek and be the Chief of Police since he lives in LA and left the show prior to the Garret/Dragon storyline because he didn't want to be in New York full-time.

At this point, I don't care about Darnell. I hate his acting and Jesse's become such a tool, I can't stand the character, either.

• Members

She really wouldn't have standing. In acting, as long as your contract is honored, you have no recourse.

As long as she was paid through her latest 13-week cycle, they can fire her for any reason.....even pregnancy, as long as they don't say that's why, lol.

Hunter Tylo successfully sued Aaron Spelling at Melrose Place because first and foremost she had a signed contract, and he wasn't planning to give her any money at all (whereas he could've legally paid her for her first cycle, and said "c-ya")....and second, Spelling came right out and said, yeah, it's because she got pregnant, lol.

Think about how many actors have been fired in daytime because the "other half" of their couple chose to leave. From Beth Chamberlain at GL when Grant Aleksander chose to leave in the 90's, to Wendee Pratt when Kamar De Los Reyes chose to leave...it happens all the time. And they can't sue over it.

Archived