AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not neccessarily. Ryan, by himself, is not a really strong character to merit a recast. ABC likes Ryan because of Cameron's "appeal."

If Ryan was recast, I don't see how it could be worse. The main reason I can't stand Ryan is because of Cameron's insane acting quirks -- the breathy whisper, the shrieking voice, the bulging (yet dead) eyes. He's an acting nightmare.

• Members

I was just thinking about this today and was surfing the net to try and find out who exactly was staying and going in the move. I've read various places that ABC was giving the cast through the Labor Day holiday weekend to make their final decisions on what their plans were regarding the show, and if they were indeed planning to stay make all the necessary arrangements and prepartions to relocate themselves and their to families to LA. I have mixed reactions about this move, but if it will allow the show to save money and could open the door for bring back fan faves (with extra money, etc), location shoots, etc then I will support it. As for those staying or going here are my thoughts on some:

Melissa Claire Egan- I think she will go to LA and stay with the show.

Jamie Luner- I think she will go to LA as well, she still has a home and her representation is out there. I think she will go and Liza will stick around.

Bobbie Eakes- Bobbie and her hubby still have a home and ties to LA. I've read on here that she is supposedly going.

Jacob Young- I think he and his family will relocate, as he still has ties to the West Coast.

Cameron Mathison- Even though he is thinking about it, most likely he will end up going. I think he and his wife still have their home out there and the suburbs might be a better place to raise his kids since they're getting older.

Ricky Paul Goldin- I think he will go, as he still has ties out in LA.

Denise Vasi- She once lived in LA and with the experience she has has in modeling, film or primetime would probably enjoy going back out there.

Chrishell Stause- I think she was planning on heading to LA anyways to see what projects were out there for her. If AMC were smart, they would keep her on the show and let her pursue other projects (much like NBC/Days did with Deidre Hall and AMC did with SL in the 80's and 90's) giving her time off to do those projects...but then again this is Frons and ABC we are talking about.

Possibly relocaters:

Vincent Irizarry- Doesn't his ex-wife and teenaged daughter live out on the West Coast??? I thought that they did and that was one of the reasons he enjoyed his time on Y&R, was because he got to see his daughter more often (and be involved with her schooling, activities, etc) when he was on the West Coast. I could be wrong though. That might be an incentive for him and his family to relocate full time.

Alicia Minshew- Her hubby owns a few restaurants even out on the West Coast too (I think) and is loaded. With a baby on the way, now might be the time for them to move. Her BFF Rebecca Budig lives out there and her other BFF Eden Riegel does too. I could see her possibly moving.

Susan Lucci- She was out there for her primetime gigs, so who knows. The show wouldnt be the same without Lucci or Erica. I could see her commuting though and ABC working with her schedule.

David Canary- Same scenario as SL.

Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan- Morgan worked and lived out in Los Angeles for a while and I could see her going back. Williams Idk about. I think he probably will, but he also has producing and directing under his belt and could go to other shows filmed in NYC.

Beth Ehlers- I know she lived out in Los Angeles for six or seven years after she left GL the first time around. At one point she was considering auditioing for GH. She could go back out there, but with the father of her son's living in NYC, that might be a reason for her to stay put. But then again she is a single mother and being out of work would not be good (she cant go back to GL since they are no longer on the air). So I think she will probably end up going.

Michael Knight- I could see him going either way. He once lived in LA and speaks about the good memories and times he had out there. I could see him going back. Besides his ex and good friend, Catherine Hickland splits her time between the West Coast and NYC so that might be an incentive. If he doesnt move, I could see the show working out something where he could commute back and forth.

Thorsten Kaye- With his other half still on OLTL, and 2 small children idk if he would be willing to relocate or even commute. I guess it would depend upon whether or not OLTL would let Susan Haskell out of her contract as to whether or not he would go with AMC. I could see him going back to OLTL before going with AMC to LA.

Definitely not going:

Jill Larson- Since she is recurring, why relocate when the show hardly uses her. Besides they could fly her out there from time to time.

Ray McDonnell- Same scenario as Jill Larson.

Who could return:

Rebecca Budig and Eden Riegel- They both live in LA with their hubbies and both of them have really not found alot of success outside of daytime. This move could allow the show to bring back both actresses full time and still allow them to pursue other projects with outs in their contracts for these projects.

Lee Meriwether- She lives out on the West Coast and with the show moving out there, could this mean that we see more of Ruth Martin on our show??

• Members

Carolyn Hinsey is reporting in the NY daily news that actors have until Tuesday Sept 8 to decide on moving or not.

An ABC Rep says many actors have committed to the move but no names will be officaially revealed until Sept8.

When asked about ER&RB returning he had no comment.

So Sept8 is the day.

• Members

ian, I made some changes. Italics for Nelson. I see something as really confirmed when an actor confirms it or when a really reliable site/publication does. Nelson (the sites that are repeating the names so far have been doing it off of Nelson's drop) does have his moments and then he has some misses, then you have one of his named people countering his claim. Speaking of which, I do think Stause is going to L.A., I'm not sure she'll be on AMC when she goes, but I do believe she's going.

SG is listed as one of the contract players in the credits, she's not recurring. It's a 4-6 month contract like ER/TB and she'll very likely be gone before the move but she is contract for the moment.

• Members

Just because they once lived there doesn't mean they will definitely go, maybe they are at a different place in their life, and we all know that with real estate right now any move is easier said than done. We will have to see what they decide, and everything's being kept quite hush hush so who knows? It is a lot to ask and I wouldnt blame the actors for feeling like they've had the rug pulled out from under them.

We shall see...

• Members

Great news about Natalia. I'm a fan of the character. Now it is time for her to get a story and love interest of her own.

I have been reading lots of chatter on the AMC boards that TK is reluctant to make the move. I was thinking that if they think that he is sooo important and AM leaves that they can move Marty to AMC and have her hook up with Zach.

Archived