AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SL has been a non-factor on AMC for many years. She's been a second fiddle to Bianca and Kendall's storylines for the better part of a decade, and that's when the show has bothered to showcase her.

Lucci's departure won't make a difference to the show currently airing. In my eyes, the AMC that Agnes Nixon intended (with Erica at the center) died many years ago. And the AMC we see currently is just sort of hobblin' along until someone has the decency to put it out of its misery.

• Members

AMC lost its moral compass when Agnes Nixon had Erica kidnap Maria's baby. The character of Erica was severely damaged and she never recovered. She was always a diva, but she never a heartless baby stealing criminal. I will never know what possessed Agnes Nixon to red light that story. It was a huge mistake. AMC has never been the same since that character destructive story and it never learned its lesson that baby stealing is simply not a redeemable soap crime.

• Members

The funny thing is, I don't even mind the Randi character (although I don't believe a hooker can go from turning tricks to being an innocent, goody housewife in a matter of months :rolleyes: ). It's Denise Vasi that I simply -- can't -- STAND! She brings down the momentum of every scene she's in with people who actually ATTEMPT to act.

I loved the top Natalia had on on Tuesday and Wednesday! It's so refreshing to see her out of that polyester cop uniform.

• Members

Denise is just down right tragic! I can't stand to watch her at all. She stinks up every scene, and I don't even buy this nonstory she's in for 2 reasons. First off, again, Denise is absolutely horrible, and Randi was pregnant for 5 seconds, but I am supposed to believe she has formed this unhealthy attachment to this baby and will do any and everything to make him hers? Okie Dokie!

ANDREA

• Members

Even though I've been a fan of Alicia Minshew's, I honestly would not be disappointed if she decided not to move with the show. Kendall has become a shell of her former self and I think all viewers just need a break from Kendall and Zach for that matter. I could see AM doing primetime or film, or perhaps with a new baby due in November (and the fact that her hubby is pretty well off) maybe she wants to give being a mom and wife a try for a while, and not have to worry about shooting schedules, PR events, memorizing lines, etc.

As for TK, wasn't it rumored after PC went off the air (and before he joined AMC) that he and Susan were considering a move back East and that he had been offered a teaching job in the theatre department at one of the Universities?? Maybe that was just a rumor. If he did go back to OLTL, that could launch a multitude of stories. My concern with that is if OLTL is the ONLY ABC soap left filiming in NYC, would they eventually move it or cancel the show??? Other than OLTL, ATWT will be the only other daytime show filming in NYC later this fall/winter and ATWT is rumored to be facing cancellation since PGP wants out of the soap business and they already got rid or GL. IF that happened then OLTL WOULD be the ONLY daytime show left filiming in NYC, as all the others are now filmed in LA.

I hope that if Susan Lucci does not move out to LA, that she will at least commute. ABC did it with Andrea Evans when they brought Tina back for a while on OLTL. They worked her schedule so she was only in NYC filming a 2 days a week a few weeks out of the month, and then the rest of the time she was with her family in LA. Yes, her schedule was grueling and crazy but it was done and the same could be done with Lucci.

I would hate to see David Canary go too and would hope that he might consider commuting along with Susan Lucci and Darnell Williams. If Darnell chose not to go, they could bring William Christian back as Derek Frye and see if Angie and Derek might work. As for, Cam Mathison I hope he doesnt go with the show.

I'd love to see Eden Riegel return and maybe Justin Bruening. I saw some recent pics of Alexa Havins with dark hair and since Babe's "twin" now has dark hair, they could bring Alexa back in the role of Marissa. Maybe they could bring Tamara Braun's character Reese back and explore daytime's first "married" gay couple, raising two kids and making alife in Pine Valley.

• Members

So we should be hearing more news this week especially since the Emmys are approaching. It'll be a hot topic on the red carpet.

I watched La Lucci on HSN yesterday. No mention of it. I was hoping the host would ask her just casually or even mention it. Occasionally, they'll bring up Erica Kane and All My Children. But there didn't seem to be time for chatter since they were busy working out on the the Malibu Pilates chair. :lol:

Archived