AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to Nelson Branco's Soapgeist, Susan Lucci is still undecided about the move. :(

Also, La Lucci had dinner with Eden Riegel the other night. Maybe planning an Imaginary Bitches special appearance? :wub:

It sounds like David Canary is continuing with the show.

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/090831_soapgeist_NB.htm

• Members

I'm from MD and live in NY, yeah, it's a "nothing" commute via air or Acela. But when Debbi first came back to the show, she, Darnell, and RB were on The View and when RB brought up the bi-coastal relationship thing, Debbi quickly added that it was NOT for her and she didn't think it works. Sooo, for newlywed Debbi, AMC's move definitely sounds like a fly in her Emmy nominated ointment.

• Members

This doesn't surprise me a bit. Debbie and Darnell essentially returned to soaps for a larger purpose. Neither of them needed the work although I'm sure the money is nice. But I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they both decide that the job has simply become more drama than its worth.

• Members

Glad to hear that Chrishell Stause(Amanda) & Ricky Paull Goldin(Jake) are staying. Amanda and Jake are at least, one of my fave couples on the show, and maybe fave. Also glad to be hearing the latest news that David Canary(Adam) may have worked out a deal to stay. I'm pretty sure Susan Lucci(Erica) is going to stay too. Alicia Minshew(Kendall) probably will too, probably ABC will give her a month or 2 for maternity leave, with maybe Faux-Kendall Aryn Elaine Cole temping for Minshew (or an LA based soap vet). I seriously doubt Thorsten Kaye(Zach) is staying, he'll go to ONE LIFE.

I hate to hear that AMC is probably going to lose Debbi Morgan, one of the most talented actresses on AMC, and all of daytime. I predict Victoria Rowell (ex-Dru, Y&R) as a new Angie. I think Rowell will jump at the chance to stick it to Y&R and jump to their ratings competition. I think Darnell will end up staying along with Cornelius Smith(Frankie) and Denise Vasi(Randi). If Vasi leaves, then replace her with a better actress.

• Members

Victoria Rowell will probably be as put off by the stories for blacks on AMC as she was on Y&R. I'd be surprised if she joined. Or if they asked. Since Pratt worked with that woman on Melrose who played Althea Tibbs on In the Heat of the Night, I can see him hiring her to be the new Angie.

The show has made Adam so pathetic I can't blame Canary if he leaves. Get him away from Annie please.

• Members

Wait, did you suggest Pratt will hire Anne-Marie Johnson (a.k.a. "Alycia of the head-on collision" from MP) to play Angie? Oh my God. I've never seen an actress so bland and colorless, and that's not even getting to the rather drastic shift in skin tone. I beg him to try it. That would be hysterically awful.

• Members

If Debbi Morgan leaves, they better not recast the role of Angie. I dont get why Debbi Morgan would be so against the move to Los Angeles, though...surely as an actor you need to expect to have to work in L.A. if you want to work?

I think this move will maybe allow them to get Eden Riegel back (again, sigh...) and maybe Tamara Braun for a while (a boy can live in hope) so they can fix the whole Reese/Bianca mess.

I like the idea of Victoria Rowell joining AMC, though...maybe as some kick ass HBIC who takes over Fusion or something? Or they could return Tempo magazine to the forefront and get Julia Barr back as Brooke.

• Members

Well thankfully Anne Marie is too busy campaigning for SAG president to be bothered with AMC right now, but I think I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is the only thing I've ever enjoyed her in. Don't get me started on What's Happening Now!!

• Members

If he brought in Jamie Luner as Liza, he could do anything.

Don't you remember when Althea threw boiling coffee on her attempted rapist and then smashed the coffee pot over his head? That was more harrowing than most of AMC has been the past few years. :o

Archived