Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Members

Just finished watching today's episode, I know, groundbreaking news...

What is this? Dump the characters that wore out their welcome and those we don't know how to write for into episodes week? We saw Gloria, Jeffrey, Colleen, JT, Victoria, Devon, Tyra, and Neil today. Do any of these characters serve a logical purpose on this show with these writers anymore? Again, time to pare down the canvas, people!

I cannot beleive how much these writers are intentionally crapping on the Colleen character. This character is totally unrecognizable, and it's not totally the fault of Tammin Sursok. These writers have turned her into a Paris Hilton-lite drunk party ho. This is so NOT Colleen. Again, this is a core character that's being wasted away, and for what, I don't know why. The scene where she flashes her tits in front of everyone at Jimmy's was cringe-worthy, and something that should probably only be done on a low rated sitcom.

Once again, the supposed "comedic relief" Gloria and Jeffrey bring to this show falls flat. Why are they still on this show again?

Is there a reason why so many characters are neglected and Lily bounces from inane frontburner story to inane frontburner story? Christel's antics were annoying today, but it's not her fault her character is so personality-less.

I can't believe they're still trying to make Tyra and Neil happen. Give it up already...

I liked that JT and Mac interacted today, that was the ONLY good thing that happened at the bar.

Amalia Heinle once again proves that no matter how little her scenes are, she can still sleepwalk right through them. I had to laugh when "Victoria" and Abby told Ashley that her wedding dress was so pretty. That wannabe toga was not flattering on the beautiful Eileen Davidson, it made her look older than she really is. Out of which bargain bin did they manage to drudge that out of?

I'm convinced that Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, and Scott Hamner totally DO NOT get the Jack/Victor dynamic. Those Jack/Victor scenes are so contrived and convoluted. Hell we know Victor brought Patty Jane back to go after Jack, yet over the course of this storyline, they've hardly ever played up the Jack/Victor dynamic to remind viewers why they're doing this story and why this dynamic was once such a great part of this show. This is silly, and Jack and Victor are better than fighting over stupid wedding plans.

This gaslighting crap needs to end. It's just cartooney and boring now.

Pretty crappy episode, and I've noticed that most of these episodes have become increasingly disjointed. Meh.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought you said that the writers needed to write for all the characters and not their favorites? So they're doing that now, right?? :) JK!

Seriously. Just joshin with ya.

I was fixin to ask about today's episode. Thanks for the post.

• Members

I can't believe I'm saying this because I cringed when I first read about today's scenes - but I'm actually enjoying everyone at Jimmy's. Cane/Colleen, JT/Colleen, Cane/Mac, JT/Mac - after all the gaslighting and lies and blackmail going on in every other story, these scenes are actually fun to watch.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol:

If they knew what to do with these characters, it would be something, but when they just inject them in there because they have to use the guarantees for these actors up, it shows, and shows badly. But as Mark and I have been saying for months, especially with the budget crisis, why are they keeping so many aimless characters on the show and on contract? There's really no reasoning for this.

LOL! Watch for yourself to see if you find enjoyment in today's episode, and it would add more to the discussion. :)

• Members

I liked JT and Mac, and I totally understood Mac and Cane, even though I absolutely detest Cane in every way.

What I didn't like was the ruinification of Colleen. Can anyone honestly say this character is not unrecognizable? That wasn't fun for me to watch, especially knowing the potential this character had before and knowing how she used to be. Mac brought up something about how much Colleen's changed since she was last in town. This suggests that they're intentionally making this character personality-less and useless - again, a core character.

Do they really think not playing this characters for months and using her like three times a month before that, and then when she returns making her into a stupid drunk slut is going to make a lot of the audience like her more? Especially those who knew what the character used to act like?

• Members

I can't really argue that. I still don't understand the logic of not recasting Colleen once Tammin decided to leave in the middle of a storyline to shoot a movie. I would have much preferred playing out the story we're seeing now when it SHOULD have played, back when the Colleen/Newman board stuff was still relevant. The whole idea of putting a storyline on hold for three months, and then picking it up like no time has passed is truly baffling to me. You and I definitely see eye to eye on that, Alvin.

• Members

Mostly agreed with you today. The only part I was amused at was the reaction of Adam when he touched Mr. Kitty, and MJ's response to his question. I really don't care about the Winter family (only mildly interested in the Lily/Cane breakup). I can't stand the character of Def-on,and not impressed with the actor.

I do understand the continuation of the gaslighting story, especially the contrived wedding today. Perfect timing to have multiple witnesses to Ashley's vision of "Sabrina".

I will always love PB, and any scenes with Jack in them, and loved the mustache comments.

I don't hear any accent of the girl who plays Colleen, but the stories she's been put in are always boring to me.

I think this new actor playing Adam doesn't do as well with "playing blind" as the old one.

Ted Shackleford needs to retire. He was ridiculous in today's scenes, and looked like a fool in his cap inside the bar.

• Members

But it's been SOOO long since Colleen has actually been Collen, is anyone really noticing or caring? They ruined her with the most recent recast, and it's just gone down hill from there. So right now, Colleen has been so far away from character that getting smashed-Paris Hilton type seems in character with this version of Colleen.

• Members

It's pathetic how much they're intentionally destroying this character and totally changed her personality. I can't totally blame Tammin for that, though she is VERY mis-cast, TPTB, especially Maria Bell, let this travesty happen. What's their excuse? And the personality change of Colleen and Tammin being mis-cast is very jarring, especially when she's used so little.

I really hope they aren't going for a Jolleen redux, Tammin and Thad have no chemistry, IMO. But I think Tammin has no chemistry with any of her co-stars.

Archived