Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Members

Having TS stay around means they don't have to write for Colleen, and I think that's easier for them. She's a difficult character to write for, thanks to her poor writing over the years (and I would say that started even when AL was in the role). Victoria is another character who would be difficult to write for, so they let her stay as she is, knowing fans are more likely to blame Amelia Heinle.

The show has its favorites and I don't think anything will change that. Eventually we may see some gripping story where yet another psycho, perhaps a recast Keemo or Victor's half-brother, comes to town and menaces Colleen or Victoria.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed, and yes,you are right--the writers clearly do have their favorites--where are Lauren and Michael? I would love to take a break from the Scoobies, Quad of Doom, Adam for a day or two or even see missed characters mingled in the episodes that do contain the writers favs? These characters )Victoria & Colleen) are and should be the up and coming generation of the Abbotts/Newmans. They should be starting to properly develop them now to take over for the older generation who will not be around forever. But MAB&Co. clearly aren't thinking of any long-term writing goals for ANY characters, it's all fly-by-night now.

• Members

Mark, I don't like seeing the wheels spin in Adam's head (or anyone's really). I prefer the actors to be credible as the characters within the context of their scenes. I would rather they be the character than "act" for the camera. It's making it hard for me to believe/understand why Rafe, Heather or Ashley are so taken in with such an obvious liar. I STRONGLY PREFERRED he who will not be named playing such an effective, subtle & fantastic liar that I would sometime forget myself that Adam was lying! It's all subjective, but I find that when I notice the acting, I'm taken out the scene.

Gellman is doing a good job, it's just that he's got no chemistry with MM. I put that on MM though. Guy's got no sexual chemistry with men. YG makes TS tolerable so the man has some talent. I am curious to see if/how Rafe & P3 will interact. Rafe is going to be very hurt and humiliated when he realizes how Adam played him. It will be interesting to see if YG meets the challenge when Rafe realizes the truth.

How hard could it be for TS to learn to speak American? Can't they dub her voice or something?

• Members

Boy, do I agree!!! Granted, I think Yani Gellman is cute as HELL, so I want him to be good... but today, he really WAS GOOD. It seems that he really needs something to sink his teeth into, and up until today, that has been precious little. The exchange with Heather was the most delicious thing today, right up there with Yesterday's Mama/Eunice style bickering of Jill/Kay/Nina (Dammit, Jill, it's his story to tell!) I don't think he has no chemistry with Muhney, I did think he was better with Engen, though. Ironically, I watched today's episode with my mother, a woman who doens't read soap mags, or sees the net... she knew NOTHING of the Engen fiasco, and she piped right up today and told me... "The other Adam didn't want to play gay, did he? That's why he quit?" When I told her I thoguht so, but some think the jury was out on why, she said "He probably couldn't have done it justice, anyway."

• Members

Why would Colleen be shamed off the board of directors if she is caught drunk and kissing/sexing a man? Is this supposed to be shocking in a young woman, while the much-publicized sleaze of various other board members is acceptable?

Does Rafe still care about helping his aunt?

I agree with Alpha and everyone who was happy with Yani Gellman's work. I have never thought he was a casting problem, he just needs material.

• Members

Didn't naked pictures of Victoria surface when she was a teen? I swear she posed for them and it came back to bite her.

Even though I'm not a huge TS fan, I'm going to be very pissed if Victor does this to Colleen. After this MJ stuff maybe he should learn to stop screwing with people's lives.

• Members

Victoria & Nick are the children of a woman who took of her clothes for crumpled up dollar bills. Nick's a closet Fundie Mormon (except his women don't know that yet). Victoria is dumber than boxes of falling styrofoam. Adam is a criminal who lives with his dad. Ashley has a history of mental illness. Victor is ugh. Colleen's going to have to be pretty hardcore to top that.

• Members

I think he may have bought up the company which produced them, but you may be right. It's been a long time I can't remember.

The whole story is bizarre. I think it would be more believable if Victor hired a man to romance her and she would lose interest in the board.

• Members

I'm going to go out on a limb and try get the logic out of Victor making Colleen gone wild. The tapes are probably to show the other board members that Colleen isn't mature enough to be on the board and she really hasn't proven herself in business. They all know she's being coached by someone.

• Members

YES... you want an unbelieveable SL penned by Bill Bell... Victoria posed nude at age 18 for Espirit De Corps magazine as a rebellious act against her father, and Victor bought the company and supposedly bought EVERY SINGLE ISSUE as soon s it hit the newsstands. Yeah, RIGHT.

• Members

Delayed reaction #1. I am not in lust with MM so I just realized how very dirty Mary Jane's line about Adam is: "Adam may be a bit of a jerk but he sure makes a great sandwich." Oh, writers.

Delayed reaction #2. The animosity Victor has towards Colleen is so over the top, I have to ask is Victor in LURVE with Colleen? Ashley is getting up there in years and it's time for Victor to "trade up" with a younger model.

Archived