Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it just me or are they trying to forget that Colleen had a relationship with Adrian? They are making it seem like she hasn't been with anyone since Jt.

When I was watching Jt/Colleen scenes, I felt like I was watching a guy babysit his little sister

I really hope those rumors about Tammin are untrue.

• Members

They had Billy saying "I know about your stint with Jt". I wouldn't mind the writers being stuck in the past if Colleen was still being played by LF. Since she's not, it's time to move on. I get the Bac thing since their fans felt cheated by the cousin thing, they could use the closure and then move on.

• Members

I thought today's show was rather boring. It had it moments with Jack & Victor but the show was blah. The whole Ashley storyline is boring now. The spoiler sounded better on paper than when it appeared on screen. So Ashley can't tell it's not Sabrina and MJ instead? Her falling into Victor's arms in slow motion was lame too. I think it's time to end this story it's lost a lot of steam. And the future spoiler is going to make it even more tedicious to watch.

Everything else was boring....Lily ...Colleen and Jeffrey and Gloho....didn't care for them.

Now on to the previews.

Gawd...glad to have Thom Bierdz back but the whole I am gay storyline has fallen flat in just a short time. It seems no one really cares why he left...meaning the characters find it lame that he faked his death because he was gay. Why is Jill not upset about this? I would think she would be furious with Phillip instead it is Katherine who is pissed off. That is way off. Jill should be the pissed off one and Kay the more sensible one. Although I can see Kay mad too but NOT Jill? It makes no sense to me.

• Administrator

I actually don't mind the stories - sure there are some beats/angles I don't agree with but I understand the overall stories. It's the pacing that I have major issues with. I like my soaps slow, stretched out.

Once again, the show doesn't follow up the last scene. In tomorrow's US episode, it's already the next day - no follow up to Ashley fainting at all! Episode continuation is one of my biggest pet peeves and I will bitch more about that than say plot holes. LOL

• Members

A better actress would be able to hide it, e.g. Nicole Kidman. TS just chooses not to conceal her accent (to keep to her roots as she's said) or she's just not that good of an actress to be able to do so. In any event, Colleen Carlton is an American character, not Australian, and it's very distracting along with her "acting".

• Members

Absolutely she was--I will never forget the time TS' Colleen mentioned "shawping" (shopping) in NY--Colleen would have been interested in more than that, she would have been touring museums. CC was never a ditz like she is now and used to be my fav character until the recast and the writing became tailored to suit TS. It's unbelievable isn't it? Oh well, she seems guaranteed the role no matter what and this show has bigger fish to fry w/ what it's got going on now.

• Members

I guess it goes back to what CarlD2 always says, they just aren't interested in writing smart women on this show, and judging by how the majority of women act on this show, it's pretty obvious.

Or they simply don't know how to write for these characters....

Of course with Colleen again, it's a combination of the writing and the miscast actress, IMO.

Archived