Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I thought Thom was really good today. Before, I thought his acting was fine... but there was room for improvement, and today, I see it was his TIMING that was off. Today is the first eppy he shot where he had a chance to correct his issues with his cues, and the camera light situation, and it made things alot smoother looking. His exchange with Jeanne Cooper was awesome. It's nice to see he still has a grasp on his character... playing him Withdrawn, sullen, and introspective. And did my ears decieve me??? Or did Kay FINALLY admit out LOUD that she drove Phillip off the cliff on purpose, and it was HER FAULT? I about fell out my chair. The end scene with Phillip IV was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. Cast and Walton really SHINED in their genuine joy, and Goddard was great seeing the hurt on his face. And good GRIEF, John Driscoll's a big boy, isn't he? I didn't realize he was so tall and everything.

• Members

I rarely watch the show in real-time, I catch an epi or two here or there but mostly I read online detailed updates to catch up with the happenings. In any event they do rotate actors(they definitly can do a better job of it) from what I see. They just seem to write their "A" stories and plots heavily around the same characters and their "B" stories are somewhat intermediate where those characters become isolated on their own "island" and the "C" stories become fillers.

Tomorrow's U.S. EPI is sounding good, I will tune into that one...

• Members

I'm looking forward to seeing JD again. I liked him as Coop on GL, but they never really gave him anything to sink his teeth into. When Jonathon was there, he and TP played well off each other. I really believed Coop hated Jonathon....

But you're right. He's a tall drink of a man! ;);)

Now you have me interested in seeing how TB does today. I never thought I'd say that line! :lol: But I will try to forget his performances up until now and check it out.

• Members

That's funny because today was the day I decided to go with the dark side and agree that he's not a very good actor. I think he gives a very stilted delivery with pauses...in wrong...places. I just can't decide if he went to the William Shatner Academy of Dramatic Acting or he's having trouble remembering the rest of the line.

• Members

Why do Chloe & Billy have to be doom when they didn't start yet. They have to end this Billy & Mac for Billy to move on.

People might not like it but they undid Katherine & Jill thing because they wanted to reexplore Billy & Mac. & they aren't working. I won't be suprise if they redo Katherine & Jill are related once again. Plus I love Billy around Katherine they give off this vibe like they are still grandson & grandmother.

• Members

I think Billy is too damaged of a character to have a believable relationship with anyone, love interest or relative, at this point. All I see is a big cartoon caption over his head. "ME! ME! ME! ME! It's all about ME!" His reaction is usually the most petulant and every time he doesn't act like a complete twit, this is peddled as proof of his maturity.

"Hope" and "Faith" for the baby names? I get the point but I already saw this on ATWT 10 years ago.

• Members

I'm glad you're still posting here in the forum. I saw your post the other day that you had stopped watching regularly. Sorry to hear that. :-(

Anyway - IA with how you describe the way the current writing regime handles their stories. I haven't heard anything about tomorrow's ep. What have you heard???

• Members

Oops. Now I'm curious about TB today even more. So far (haven't seen today's yet), I've felt the same way about TB, but with alphanguy saying he's better......and now this.... my curiosity is getting the better of me.

ICAM. I like their vibe too.

• Members

Well, Scryber... you ahve to realize that his performance is SUPPOSED to be like that. The hesitations at odd moments hve always been part of his character, Phillip has always been befuddled, and has trouble expressing himself. THE CHARACTER IS AWKWARD. I know it's a hell of a contrast up against the polish of Nina/Jill/Kay, but for me, that's what always made him interesting, I wanted to take care of him, coddle him, get him to open up and bloom like the lovely flower I know he is. Some people just slap a tag of bad acting on it, when it's anything but. I'll accept if someone doesn't like the character as played... it's hard to like a character that is emotionally crippled, basically. I totally get that. One must also keep in mind, a timid, introverted, passive agressive at times character is gonna be one hell of a stark contrast to those three over the top drama queens.

• Members

LOL! Some people will defend anything to suit their agendas.

The fact being, there's a number of actors that can act confused and awkward, and it doesn't mean these actors suck with their delivery, reactions, and look completely out of tune with what they're supposed to be dong.

There's no excuse for why Bierdz is acting like a Down Syndrome sufferer.

I've seen subtle acting, and Bierdz doesn't measure up to that. I feel like he's having trouble remembering his lines and knowing exactly how he should be playing certain scenes.

Maybe he'll improve before his 6 months are up, but I think that's doubtful.

Archived