Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Members

That makes sense. It just irritates me that Victor is going after her so soon after Brad's death. What if he really pushed her over the edge? I'd love an attempted suicide story, but Y&R will never spend that much time building up a Colleen story. Plus they've lost momentum. It's almost as if Brad never existed.

There we go. I knew it was something like that.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only person she has some chemistry with is her uncle Billy, well.... this isn't Bold and the Beautiful. Tammin may be Sony imposed and Maria feels that letting her do movies means she doesn't have to use her.

When this getting even with Victor goes to hell who do you think is going to rescue Colleen, herself or Jt?

• Members

Gosh, I just re-watched today's episode, did Tammin even try to HIDE her Australian accent? If they insist on keeping this girl, they should just let her stop concealing it, no matter how ridiculous it would be, because this girl cannot successfully hide it at all. And seeing how Y&R is nothing but ridiculousness and nonsensical crap these days, it would probably fit right in.

• Members

It would kinda be hilarious if TS and CK hated each other in real life.

I doubt Colleen will even speak to Lily over the next few trying, whiny days when Lily would need her "best friend."

When Jack hired that prostitute last year to take down Adam then used all the motel visits to say he had a sex addiction, for some reason I bought all that. Whoever wrote that s/l really paced it well, foiled Adam's attempt at revenge pretty believably, and no one looked like an idiot in the end or like a raging maniac.

Why is everyone such an idiot now?

Does anyone know who spearheaded that s/l? It was a lot of fun.

• Members

Y&R doesn't do friendships now. Or family bonds. These were bedrocks of the show during the Bill Bell years, the Kay Alden years, and so on. I guess it's not fair to blame the disappearance on the current writers, but I've seen them fall into the same trap on their other shows.

• Members

"Mary Jane living in a potting shed" is stupid [!@#$%^&*] IMO. I don't buy it. And when Adam brought out Sabrina's dress for her to wear at the end of yesterday's episode, I thought "GOOD GAWD" :-(

In order to be a credible villain, Mary Jane should be more resourceful than ending up in a fuckin potting shed. So Victor snagged the rug out from under her, cut her off from the cash and now she's nothing but a homeless, crazy ass, stuffed-kitty-having ho? Nope. Don't like it. It would have been much better story if MJ were in a place wherein Jack was infatuated completely with her, that when Victor threw her out of the club she could have moved into the Abbot mansion. Not trottin around God's creation with a stuffed kitty in a carry case. Ugh. The story seems to be falling apart.

And why does a picture of Summer become such damning evidence that MJ poisoned her? I don't get that one either. It's just a picture, people! Damn. I think there's a lack of Xanax in Genoa City when everyone gets so freaked out about a fuckin picture.

Now, I have to say that little girl playing Summer did a great job yesterday. The way she was hanging her head in the wheelchair and the when she tried to say "Da..." :-( Nicely done, IMO. I think this turn in the story rationalizes Sharon's decision to lie about her baby's father a little better. And it helps to humanize her, Phyllis and Nick a bit more - in my eyes, anyway. I liked Sharon going over to Phyllis and taking her hand.

From reading the discussions thus far, I guess I'll be in the minority here when I liked the Phillip is GAY (gasp) reveal on Monday. I honestly didn't find the fact Jill and Katherine were seated during the reveal to be out of place at all. TB's acting, though, I will agree - sucks the big one. But Jill and Katherine's reaction was well done. The accompanying music very fitting. I liked it.

HoLLeen should just go back to NYC to live with Traci until they find someone that fits the part and can commit to be on-screen on a more regular basis. It's pathetic that we're talking about a legacy character here and no one gives a [!@#$%^&*] about her. The only thing worth watching this story for is to see that hot ass bartender take off his shirt again. :-) That's the only reason I'm watching this one! ;-)

• Members

that's my thought exactly. It just seems like it's going to be over in 2 days and then what for Colleen--follow Lily around and be Rafe's "fag-hag"? Honestly, when she showed up at the hospital I was more confused than anything--I had totally forgot that whole storyline. And then she's become the propper to Rafe's storyline? Not trying to rag on TS, but it's embarrassing. And it makes me question even more the whole reason she's still around.

• Members

Well, he said he loved the show and it was a vital part of his daily routine. I totally understand that!

I think what Alvin is telling us is that he views this show like he might a relative or friend that he loves...but is very disappointed in. Indeed, the disappointment is all the more intense, because of the depth of affection.

But back to episode talk: I really don't understand this dumping on Tammin. I really thought she was a breath of fresh air yesterday. I liked the actress, and I liked the light "sunny-ness" she brought to a largely dark show. I felt she worked nicely with Rafe, I liked that she was another thorn in Victor's side, and I like that began to reference JT as "the one that got away".

That last beat is what I have been waiting for...WAITING...since Fonseca left the show. I think Luckinbill and Sursock -- if invested in -- could pull that off nicely.

Victoria doesn't need JT. She's got Brad! (I'm not being delusional...I'm watching B&B where Heather Tom and Don Diamont are currently doing some fine work -- Diamont did the best reacting/emoting of his career yesterday -- so I can just ignore Heinle and pretend she is not there).

Archived