Y&R Episode Discussion for the week of July 13

• Members

"So Ashley's feeling better, is she? Can't have that now, can we?" Loooooove that. MM's so much fun. Like TSJ awesome. Too bad he doesn't have Engen's face.

Wow, Gellman and Sursok have sooooo much chemistry. And how doesn't she know about Cane?? Lame. Lame. Lame.

Uh, how exactly will Gloria/Jeffrey get Colleen off the newman board? Will Gloria annoy her to death? That makes no sense.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was just a dumb plot created to give three characters that wore out their welcome a long time ago and three characters these writers have no idea how to write for something to do, even if it's only for one of two episodes this month.

Seriously, do you think it's any coincidence that three very aimless characters ended up in the same plot?

Again, the management at this show just doesn't get it and they have no idea how to pare down their canvas. What's it going to take?

• Members

Why did they make Gellman say man-date?? Oy.

I'm glad. Gellman and MM don't have chemistry makes this so much better. It would've been too easy I think if they did.

Morrow's great again. His tan is really really gross with that hair though lol. Is Deacon like Nikki's love-child from her alcohol binge years? They're too similar.

Aidan IS every woman's type. Yum. He should be bi and start a triangle with colleen and rafe. He's every man's type, too, I'm sure lol.

• Members

Heather and Rafe! I loved the interaction. Gellman is doing a fine job playing small washes of jealousy across his face. And the dialogue was excellently scripted for Rafe to believe that Adam was fixing to come out! It was almost like an episode of Three’s Company in some parts, and that’s a good thing.

I was genuinely glad to see Colleen again, although the quick plunge into Newman rivalry felt contrived. But, whatever, I enjoyed her and I enjoyed very much her repartee with Rafe.

Who was Colleen talking about? JT?

JT/Colleen?? I’d sure love a redux of that!

Adam probably crapped his pants when he saw them together! Michael Muhney is totally winning me. He does this expressive stuff with his face and body…so we see the wheels turning, we see when he feels trapped. I’m surprised how much more I am enjoying Adam, even if the underlying questions about his motivations remain.

Gellman is doing whatever he can to bring some subtext to all of this. I was very impressed with him today.

Kudos to the writers for scripting bona fide brain damage for Summer. And my heart almost stopped short when the term “cognitive neuropsychologist” was said! I’ve never heard that said on TV before! (That’s the kind of environment I work in). But I honestly don’t see how Mary Jane comes back from damaging the brain of a child. Yes, she has the insanity defense, but karmically I think Mary Jane is going to have to be brain damaged herself before this is over.

Nick. Yech. Too much tan. Staying with Phyllis/Summer out of obligation doesn’t do anyone any good. I really tried, but I could not feign a drop of interesting in the “Quad” today, even with the horror of Summer’s condition. Although I admit the Sharon-Phyllis hand clasp was affecting. But since I do not believe the women would be this kind to one another, it was hard to give myself up to the moment.

Poor Judith Chapman. It is clear the team has no idea what to do with Gloria/Jeff, so now they’re just a random Boris/Natasha, called in for “henchman of the day” work. Judith is trying too hard to punch up this plot. She’s too over the top for me. That said, I did love Gloria’s “wildfire” metaphor. Beautifully laid out!

Victor seems increasingly frail and pathetic to me. Why? Now he’s so insecure he’s trying to rush a wedding?

I was very afraid Zapato was going to bite the dust when he discovered Kitty today. I’m very afraid for Zapato. I will be angry if any harm comes to him! :mad:

• Members

9 out of 10 didn't care about it when it was happening and now they're bringing it back months later b/c TS is ready to grace Y&R w/ her presence again (NOT!!). TS is terribly micast and Colleen needs to leave the canvas for awhile until TIIC are ready to step up their game w/ this core character who has potential but not until there is a suitable actress in the role who is clearly invested in Y&R.

• Members

The writing for Colleen completely changed when TS didn't have any chem w/ EP or any of the other cast members. Although I would love AL to play this core character, at this time w/ the state of the show and the writing, I have to say I'm glad AL is not playing CC.

• Members

Gellman and MM have zero chemistry. I laugh.gif when Rafe said he couldnt help being in love with Adam's puppy eyes...ummm....hello...Rafe is the one with the puppy eyes for Adam...LOL.

MMmmmmm...would love an Aidan and Rafe pairing. I see chemistry there.

I thought the whole Adam saying we cant have that now, can we..stupid. He's known she's been feeling better. Is he too busy bedding both Rafe and Heather to forget about Ashley?...lol I still like seeing Adam but the whole Ashley story has lost a lot of steam. MAB doesnt know how to pace her stories. They are all over the place.

• Members

It's really pathetic how they keep this character on the canvas, a CORE character mind you, and let her disappear for months and then under very contrived circumstances inject her back in for two or three episodes a month made up of pure fluff scenes. Who has time to invest in this character, especially with the bad writing and questionable casting?

They really need to drop her seat on the Newman board for good, this story is paced atrociously and clearly it doesn't have the full support of this writing team.

What's so hard about writing her off or recasting with an actress who wants to be there? I. DO. NOT. GET. IT.

I have to agree with you there. :)

• Members

Gellman's :wub: really good, and subtle, as MarkH said. He's convinced me of his deep attraction for Adam. And I'm glad that he had this time to express himself. It's too bad the only person he can do this with is the "prim and proper... on the surface" and vapid underneath, Colleen. She's a waste of space. I don't even think anyone playing this character as written would be good at it. TS has no chemistry with the cast, but it's hard to play a shallow ditz and have the audience love you.

Yeah, the gaslighting story went astray with the miscarriage and now has nothing to fuel it since there was a break in storytelling with P3 coming back to town. It's really gone on too long. Adam needed to have stopped when he killed that damn baby and he should've developed another scheme against Victor and Jack. He should've burned that dress after the fatality it caused last time.

• Members

ITA. CC IMO is now written to suit TS. They've taken Colleen in so many different directions personality wise since the recast...and chem tested TS w/ how many now...and NOTHING STICKS. But TS seems to be guaranteed the role and to be (unncessarily) inserted here and there so unfortunately we're stuck with her. It does make one wonder???

I am just happy she's not shown on a regular basis and the writers aren't invested in the actress or character. BTW, was there any mention of the sick grandmother when CC returned? Or how about not going to see Summer but her friend Lily whose marriage just broke up?

• Members

Gellman needs to look like he did in those promo pics we saw....the flat winged hair just isn't a good look for him and makes him way too young looking next to MM's Adam.

Agreed--the whole gastlighting nightmare (as dark as it is and as much as I hate it) comes back to these writers not being able to properly pace storylines. No one cares anymore--it's drug on way too long and viewers, along with being digusted, just aren't invested any longer.

Archived