Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Y&R has become like DAYS, but I do think this team needs to get back to simple, quiet, character-driven drama (w/ sexual entanglements you can sink your teeth into, of course, lol).

• Members

I can't remember how many times Y&R has ever brought back someone we were supposed to believe was dead. We knew all along that Sheila and Victor weren't dead when the others thought they were dead. I also wouldn't could Nick, as that was up in the air.

• Members

The difference is that the characters thought they were dead, but the audience was privy to exactly the opposite. There was no actual death, just a supposed one. I don't mind those returns at all--but when we see someone die (which is still disputable in this case), then we have a problem and credibility starts being pushed.

Exactly. Either choice is just...

• Members

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd almost swear Phillip's death happened off-screen. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, SOD complained several years ago how this marred what was otherwise a touching and affecting story.

• Members

Your points are stunning. The baby-switch storyline really makes this whole thing dicey. Did Kay not switch the babies and dream it (oh dear!). I agree with whomever said it would be easy to expose Cane as a fraud but very hard to resurrect him. Yet i also agree that if TB is returning, then he should play P3. Gosh - I guess i owe Jillian Bowean apology - she said something roof-ripping would happen May sweeps and homegirl was not lying.

• Members

Didn't he explain he was in an off-screen accident, was thrown off the car or something and woke up with no memories?

But Phillip probably died in the hospital. Otherwise, they would have mentioned that they never found a body or something... Unless naughty William J. Bell was keeping his options open, just in case he wanted to bring Phillip back...

• Members

Honestly? I'd go with that. That whole "storyline" made even less sense than Kay-is-Jill's-mother. Kay was just drunk and hallucinating? Fine with me. It's not like I ever trusted that phony, Sylvia Browne, on "Montel" anyway.

• Members

The thing about Days that I always had to laugh at. It was like this ongoing joke kind of like they never took themselves too seriously. Anyway I love this stuff done by a good and balanced writer on classic Days but on Y&R I don't know, I just don't know.

As a viewer I'll watch it unfold with my fingers crossed that I don't feel compelled to change the channel. I know everyone else is excited fortunately or me I came after Phillip therefore I only caught him in flashbacks, old articles and youtube so I don't have much vested so I am looking at this beyond all euphoric reminisces.

• Members

Thanks. I miss the private dining room scenes. I always thought that was so elegant when I was a kid. In retrospect, I suppose it saved the cost of extras. ^_^

Yeah, this show needs more passion. Sharon and her many men really doesn't do it for me, since she's losing her mind.

Archived