Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

What I always loved about Tricia's acting was the mix of toughness and vulnerability. Nina was not a fool, but you could see why she believed David loved her, and why she exploded when she found out he was conning to her. Only when they took away that core strength, like with the Ryan/Tricia/Nina story, did I think the character began to suffer. I wasn't a fan of her with Ryan. The only part of that story I enjoyed was after she broke up with Ryan and she kept making those digs about Tricia every time he would drop by to see Phillip. The story about Tricia going nuts was great, but Nina being there for some reaction would have been even better (I know TC had left acting at that point).

Soaphunks put up another clip, this one on Youtube, of Nina fighting with Jill and Kay after Phillip III's death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbO39hHchk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless JW or JC have a specific line about loving Cane, they never seemed to really love him. Even as Kay gave Cane that huge wedding gift, she still seemed to be saying, well your father would have wanted you to have this money. i don't know if it's guilt or just plain weirdness, but they never seemed to close to be him.

• Members

I always feel the need to defend JM for some reason, I love the fact that he is not some wanna be "Grand Thespian". He brings an everyday guy to spoiled rich kid Nick. Of course fratboy is indeed a part of that. I read an interview with him the other day where he mentions something about MS has helped make him a better actor, I'm like ok so when can I see that better acting? LOL. Don't get me wrong I'm in a sense alot of times satisfied with Nick as is, but there are scenes that right when they end and I'm looking at Nick I'm thinking "okkk.....and...? is that it?" and not because of anything said or scripted. Anyway let me leave that alone. CE is impressing me more and more. I loved those prison scenes between him and EB right before Victor got him released.

• Members

YOu know what scene I searched for was the first scene of JW as Jill. I remember it so vividly - she was in her office with David or John Silva. I wish some uber-soap fan would compile a video of all the "The role of _____ will now be played by _______". I

• Members

I hope they can bring this back up again at some point, especially since the show could use another viable male character in that age range.

And then there's her father, we never found out who her father was.

So many stories for Nina just waiting to be finished.

Whatever happened to her mother Flo?

Archived