Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which is why we can speculate (and critique one another's speculations)...but we must not prejudge the story until we see what is the actual journey the writers take us on.

I was delighted to see...watching that classic clip...that there were no monitors or flatlines. Everyone just ASSUMED he died. No one even took a pulse.

• Members

Which is simultaneously appalling and unbelievable. I mean, if one knows that Hogan worked in script development and with script readers department. He might want to contact one of those people to do a coverage of his story outlines.

Which is something Maria might consider: instead of paying her co-writer a few millions a year, a $75 screenplay coverage might do! :lol: (You all know I'm joking. In part. B) )

• Members

Nah. The emotions of that scene were real at the time, and will live on. The facts on which those emotions were based have apparently changed. But that just means we get to see the same cast play a different note ... joy. I don't think it nullifies the earlier scene. That grief was "real". Even if it turns out Kay is the one who had the body spirited away, in that scene, her reactions were 'real', and preceded any desperate act that follows.

I don't disagree....and it may be the show's creative team agrees with you too.

We DON'T KNOW all these things:

- is it P3?

- does P3 know he is P3?

- did P3 fake his own death, or did someone else spirit his body away?

- why, if it is P3, did he stay away?

- why, if it is P3, is he apparently in cahoots with Cane?

- why did Cane "pass" his second blood test with Jill?

- why was Cane "not ruled out" as Delia's father?

So, IF IT TURNS OUT that "P3 faked his own death because of his sexuality", and you don't like that solution, then you can judge it. But until then...a reveal that is likely many months away...you have to wait and see.

That said, I can even imagine scenarios where his sexuality was part of the story (and only part) of what kept him away. Let's face it...he was railroaded into marriage...his mother had shipped him away to boarding school for half his life...Kay had stripped his identity. Even if he had "made his peace" with them, subsequently--as either an alcoholic or in recovery from it--he could well have realized how angry he was at these women...and this could also be part of the story of why he stayed away. Moreover, we don't even know this is P3, or that he consciously stayed away. Too many puzzle pieces missing...too many unknowns still in this system of equations.

There are many, many directions they can go it. It serves NO ONE to prejudge one particular theory. That's just p!ssing in the wind.

• Members

Some thoughts...

I doupt that the return of a character who has been dead for over twenty years would please the Y&R audience. Especially if we are talking about a classic death. Y&R is not one of those soaps where you expect anything to happen. People don't come back from the dead and find out that they is related to everybody else just like that. I don't want Y&R to turn into DAYS, so I hope that the person we saw talk with Cane on the phone is not who we think he is. MAB is entering very dangerous territory with this, but I doupt she would introduce two characters with the same name at the same time.

So Cane has been married three times within two years? So not Y&R. :P

What was the purpose of Billy getting involved with Lily??

MY problem with Gloria is that she doesn't look trailer-trash AT ALL.

• Members

I definitely offered his sexuality as one option for why he faked his death. But I also said that was not a necessary element of the plot.

Also, that was my first explanation for this (i.e., Phillip had anger, for a variety of reasons--sexuality could be one of them).

I actually am now thinking of a new theory...that hinges on Kay's hazy memories (her hazy memories told her she spirited Phillip away at birth...but what if she spirited him away after "death"?).

But all my theories (or Cashton's, or whomever's) can be roundly dismissed and pilloried. Who gives a sh!t. That's just fan-board discussion. I have no creative control over the show :). Vis-a-vis the show, we can only judge when they tell us what they have put together.

So, if you are critiquing my theories, go ahead...but don't suggest that the show is going down my wildly speculative pathway. I'm too "out there".

Archived