Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

As for P3 possibly being gay. I don't think that P3 would have faked his death solely because of his sexuality. He had many other pressures. The war between Jill & Kay. Being a father at a young age. Having a wife who loved him more than he loved her, even if he did care for her. Being the heir to this huge fortune. And, most importantly, the alcoholism. All of that plus secretly struggling with his sexuality might have been too much for him. Sharon's had a damn nervous breakdown just because of Nick's inability to pick a woman and stick with her. P3 was a lot younger than Sharon is now and the whole lifetime of pressure on P3 could have easily led him to snap.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A couple of things in addition to my earlier post. 1) Would P3 really have abandoned P4 after not ever knowing his father? That's a BIG stretch. 2) With all the talk at the wedding of how P3 will alwasy be Jill's son, I still think Cane is the real one. This guy is probably the twin of the kid Kay stole. This could end up being a hot mess. The more I think about this story, the less interested I am in following it. As far as Daddy Bell regretting killing P3, he also regretted Malcolm sleeping with Dru and we were promised that Lily would always be Neil daughter.... we know how that turned out. There's no need to change history with a show as rich as Y&R (e.g., It was so cool to see the MD tell Hope & Victor when Adam was baby that he could inherit Hope's eye condition.)

• Members

Cane shouldn't still be Jill's son, or else there was no reason at all to have Thom Bierdz come back, that's just f-cking with your audience - not cool.

I'm sure the explanation will by wonky, and I'll hate the execution. But in the end, if Cane isn't Jill's son, I'll be happy just for that. History was already re-written for lame-ass Cane anyway.

• Members

I think what you are saying makes sense. That was a lot of pressure and I could buy into it. It's a rewrite, but I don't think it's unforgivable.

A lot more is behind Sharon's breakdown than Nick not being able to pick a woman though. I think this is a culmination of things starting with Cassie's death, Noah almost drowning, Guilt over Brad drowning and the end of another marriage.

• Members

Cane isn't a defined character and Goddard sucks. It's OK if Jill still thinks of Cane as her son or whatever, but I want Cane's biological ties to the Chancellor family erased. He never should have "replaced" Phillip III in that sense.

And with Cane there, it means that Phillip IV isn't the Chancellor heir, but Cane is. <_<

I'd much rather Phillip III and Philiip IV have blood ties to the Chancellor family than bloody Cane.

I don't understand why Cane was created in the first place, he's always been such a waste of space.

• Members

There is nothing to understand. It was LML's creation so we can't exactly look for any deeper meaning. It was just whatever flew into her brain that day.

ITA on the first line. ;)

• Members

Yes, of course...I think I am missing a point of controversy here. My speculations (or "rationalizations", as you seem to prefer to call them) are uniquely mine. Indeed, they are apparently "out there".

You know, there is the usual cast of mixed opinion there. But I have actually been surprised, vis-a-vis this P3 twist, right now the mood is more consistently positive than it has been in a while. One user is consistently negative, but the rest are more mixed. P3/TB has confused a lot of people there though...since they don't follow the spoilers as much. So it surprised them, and several didn't know who Thom Bierdz was.

But usenet traffic is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. Indeed, I graphed posting trends there earlier this week (see below). There is a discussion about whether that is due to reduced fanbase of the shows/decline of daytime, or just loss of some influential posters. (DonnaB, for example, almost never posts there anymore).

ratsc.jpg

Shock. I agree with every word above. Even if I don't judge Daniel Goddard quite as harshly.

If this is a doppelganger, seriously, that might move me to quit. Seriously.

William, Carmen's cousin, Allistair, Pheila...too many doppelgangers. Let's not forget Marge. ENOUGH.

Archived