Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

I'm not as bothered by Patty Jane because there is no Williams family anymore (I forget Heather and Paul are related half the time), although I'd love to see her in more of a role with Heather and Paul.

Adam is why I'm hoping Phillip or his double or whoever won't be evil. I think they have lost big opportunities already with Adam and the short-term gains of having Jill/Katherine/Nina react to a twisted version of their Phillip, or a story where he pretends to be good or pretends to be Phillip or whatever, would negate the long-term gains of a Phillip who can be flawed, but not completely dark.

I don't mind all amnesia stories but I think this time probably wouldn't be the best idea, because of the part where he was involved with foisting Cane on the family.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All I can say is that many gay actors have convinced the hell out of me. And Michael C. Hall sure had me convinced David was gay on Six Feet Under. I think anyone who is a mediocre actor that basically just plays themselves in these various situations will not be convincing. But those people who are good character actors make it happen.

Too bad Phillip can't be bi. I'm all for whatever brings on the drama and I think a bi character could really ramp it up big time. Although really Adam is my first choice for this. Stringing along both Heather and Rafe as someone else suggested. I suppose that may be too racy for daytime, but it's too bad because daytime is really the perfect setting to flesh out that kind of scandalous character.

• Members

Thank you for making it!

If he is gay I wonder if they will really play the dramatic beats. Will they allow Nina and Jill to be truly shocked and pissed or is that too politically incorrect? I always wish that they had played out Emma's disapproval of Nuke for just a little bit longer. Same with Lily being on her 4th white man in a row. Is it realistic at all that someone in her family wouldn't ask her what is up with that? Sort of like Dru calling out Malcolm for dating Phyllis. I'm all for political correctness and the right side winning, but only after I get my dose of drama.

• Members

I am still so irritated by the fact that the writers chose to make Sharon pregnant. They still could have played all the beats of betrayal (Billy) and other stuff without making her pregnant. It seems as if everything has to result in a pregnancy. Last year we had Sabrina, Chloe, Lily and Ashley getting pregnant and this year we already have Ashley. Plus they aren't even mentioning Sharon's kleptomania and sleeping around.

So now we need to add another thing to the list of things that should take a long absence: doppelgangers, deaths and pregnancies.

• Members

I want Nick to leave Phyllis for good, and Sharon trying to raise this kid with Jack.

Anyway, Nick and Sharon would still be in each other's orbits, but it would take years to finallly reunite them, and Sharon would be totally committed to raising this kid with Jack, and surpressing her feelings for Nick.

Phyllis can move elsewhere on the canvas, or they could just write her off the show.

• Members

It's the writers taking the easy way out. That's just lazy.

Yeah, even after all the million reunions I still don't buy Nick and Phyllis. He is always absent-minded when around her.

• Members

This is true. I was being sarcastic in my previous response. It would be nice if the grown people would worry about condoms and etc like Noah and Eden did when they had sex.

I'm so tired Phick and their on one day off the next day relationship. If I have to hear Phyllis say "my husband" one more time I think I'm going to shoot the TV. His name is Nick and everyone knows he's your damned husband Phyllis!

• Members

Word! I wish all soaps would give a huge break to pregnancies. I watch Ryan's Hope on SoapNet and during the whole run, I believe there were only 4 children born.

I don't think we are supposed to buy them. This is a marriage on the rocks. Nick doesn't want to give up, but his heart isn't into it and Phyllis knows that. She pretty much always looks pissed.

• Members

After doing it with Nick, Jack and Billy they should find someone new? I just don't know if it's the right thing for now.

And about the Amber thing.... well, it seems quite interesting, but still weird. It would definitely raise eyebrows in Genoa City.

Archived