Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is something about this couple that speaks to me, they denote to me a modern couple, who have faced life and found something in each other they are definitely not the sugar and spice cookie cutting couple, and I enjoy them, what most see is sex, i see it as a strong bond, I don't find them boring at all, I find that I like there talks, i love that they enjoy playing games, i like how they have been woven into the fabric of the show, on a daily basis you see Phick interacting with different characters, that bodes well for their future, definitely, I think the writers need to write for this modern couple,Phick can survive this as long as the writing is there. We get so bogged down discussing what was instead of what is, and to me Phick works on so many levels, work, home and the integration of step children and child of their own,

• Members

IF it's Nick's baby. There is a very good chance, with these writers, that Sharon could have a bouncing baby Abbott BOY.

I suspect there are lots of game changers ahead of us.

ETA - My rationale for an Abbott boy would be that it ties Sharon together with the two most important families on the show. It also ties the quad together for years to come regardless of how they are paired up. If it's Nick's? Doesn't happen. Personally, I think it's Billy's with Jack stepping in to raise the baby as his own.

Also, Sharon and Billy had a ton of chemistry. I would be surprised if that was not revisited down the road.

• Members

I don't read usenet but if they have anti CM/Mac thread, then BRA-freaking-VO! I have half a mind to start one here myself. Not only is she painfully dull, she has sucked the life out of Billy. Thank goodness, Billy gets his spark back when he's with the Abbotts but the minute he's around Mac, he's like a inept paramedic trying to "revive" a plastic doll.

I wouldn't mind a Sharon/Billy story. They seem like they would be fun. Really Billy and anyone but Mac would be fine.

• Members

That's because she's even more bland and lifeless than Mac should be. Mac was never "happy" (except with RK playing her, but that's another story) but she sure as hell wasn't this damn bland and boring. Mac should be a little hard around the edges because things that have happened to her in life has left her jaded, but to be void of ANY emotion isn't it. When Ash Bash was playing Mac she had her walls up but there were moments (when Kevin really needed help, with Kay) that she let those walls down and showed real emotion but CF just isn't doing it. Even when Mac found out that Billy, the love of her life isn't her cousin afterall, there was...NOTHING! That should affect even the hardest person in the world. To learn that you were robbed of the life you wanted and hoped for with the love of your life should have compelled CF to give us something. Anger, sadness, a moment of weakness but we got nothing but the same mundane expression from CF which was utter and sheer boredom and lifelessness. I wanted to like her, I really did and didn't want to automatically dislike her because she looked old as her mother or seemed to sleepwalk through her first few weeks but this lady just ain't cut out to be Mac.

• Members

I thought Adam was turning him into a seeing eye dog, he'll be allowed everywhere then. He might even play into Colleen's big storyline, she finds the Zap and takes him home thinking he's Fisher only to be terribly confused when there are two dogs at the Abbot hostel.

- bookmarking to remember to continue at page 36/83, if I ever get time to come back to this thread!

Archived