Y&R: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Nick and Sharon together, and (as I have said before) I think they are the end game.

But I think Nick and Phyllis is amazing. They are two grownups who like to play with each other and each other's bodies. They enjoy each other physically and playfully. They are a couple that (except now) isn't mired in Sturm und Drang...they share some beers and some country music and some video games. It is comfortable and natural. I like that she calls him on his sh!t, and vice versa, and outside of this recent Sharon debacle, they roll with it. They go through daily hassles, but at the close of the day, they are there for each other. I've said this before, but for me, they could be like Davenport and Furillo from Hill Street Blues..."the beautiful refuge in which I end my day".

At the same time, when they need support--they give it. The current writing has unbalanced this couple, and they are not weathering it so well...but I actually feel this couple is much more solid than some give it credit. They have a friendship, and a sexually explosive chemistry. I cannot think of a hotter adult romance on daytime right now. (Quickly racking brain...Zendall...nope; Rex and Gigi...nope; Liaison....DEFINITELY no....Scrubs....maybe; Bope...no...Nuke....no....Otalia...well maybe Otalia).

And no I am not kidding.

• Members

That's what i love about the pairing, cause it would force Neil to be interesting. i think she could press buttons in him that haven't been pushed in along, long time.

Yay! I think it'd be all kinds of fun.

• Members

As I said before, Sharon needs to raise this kid with Jack, and Nick needs to leave Phyllis. Sharon will be committed to raising this kid with Jack, while suppressing her feelings for Nick for years. Nick and Sharon will always be tied and they'll always have these chance encounters, but it would take years for them to finally reunite.

Phyllis needs a new love interest or they can write her off. I honestly think she's ran her course on this show in some way. I know Sylph agrees.

I've never seen anything like this. They're very one-note and have always been so.

I completely disagree again, I just do NOT see it AT ALL.

• Members

The problem with Phick now is that it's reduced Phyllis to an idiot. She's not being PHyllis when she has to keep "sucking it up" in order to keep her marriage. i'm still waiting for the look of how could you do this to me. I'm sure she's said it, but it just hasn't felt like it there. When she was with Danny, she had to keep all her secrets away from him so the plotting and scheming worked, but the plotting and scheming to hurt Sharon doesn't. And i still don't understand how Phyllis and Jack are so close after she completely threw him under the bus with the credit card receipts. That whole beat was totally dropped. Bottom line - i don't think a woman like Phyllis would put up with Nick sleeping with Sharon, twice. i think she'd try to hurt HIM not his mistress.

• Members

Yes, Phyllis had a horrible start on this show as a psycho. I'd like to think that Nick helped her heal some of those insecurities...and sadly that is no longer true. He now compounds them.

Let me also say I love the way Phyllis is with Nick's son, Noah. She offers support, love, friendship and stability...while Noah's mom consistently does not. She is a true wife and stepmom...a partner. It does kill me now, as Nick is catting around. I wish he'd open his eyes and see what a remarkable prize he has. Hot, funny, sexy, and totally devoted. These videos will make you retch...but they are a part of the reason that Nick should thank his stars for Phyllis.

• Members

Gosh it has been said many times over daytime as hit all kinds of lows. I see no romance in this couple so if they count for adult romance that's eerie. I do see an established friendship and I do see sexual chemistry (in a way). The problem with Phick is the characters supress each other. Nothing romantic in the pairing for me, it's a world each character created: him to get off while putting distance between himself and pain and her to get off while putting her mark on a new territory and giving herself a prize. To me Phyllis is just not for Nick.

• Members

Phyllis is being written as desperate, it's not what many envision for the character but it is not "unlike" her. She's always been a control freak. In her mind what she's fighting for is the ideal family she has finally gotten. It's already gone but the character is desperately trying to hold on to it. Plus I so buy that a woman like Phyllis does not want to lose to the likes of Sharon

• Members

Don't you remember how they both resisted pushing their affair? They tried to fight it. Chemistry won out.

What you describe, for Nick, is an accurate origin story. But they became something more...friends and lovers. As for Phyllis...never for a second did I perceive her "marking territory". Never for a second did I sense she was attracted to him because of the Newman money. I didn't even read that in subtext.

He's a hot, funny guy. They play video games and he throws down quite nicely. Over time, they became business partners and saw each other through some challenging times. They are not a couple of deeply expressed emotions. Instead, they are the second marriage...after all the drama and foolish youthful idealism is over...easy, sexy, realistic. Nick was with Sharon as a boy...literally just out of highschool. With Phyllis, he became a man. Of integrity even. (Until this latest debacle, which upsets me somewhat).

Archived